C.10

July 27, 2014

Music Inspiration
Taylor Swift - Delicate
The 1975- Fallingforyou

He had been talking to Katherine more than usual. Some days early in the mornings when her voice was a bit exhausted. Hearing mumbles of broken sentences. And then there were days where he'd catch her at night. And those conversations had no boundaries with them. Sharing jokes, secrets and even disagreements. But at the end of each call Harry would make her laugh without a doubt. So often that it sort of became a thing he looked forward to before hanging up. He enjoyed their conversations and hopped she had felt the same. So he couldn't help being excited once he read a text across his screen.

Kat: 2:37pm : just left my moms, call you when I get home. I have so much to tell you after the day I just had

The commute wasn't that far, two bus rides and a few steps down, by walking. But still he hated it. Not wanting to stereotype New York because Katherine grew up there and obviously she knows the people. But still, he couldn't help the worried feeling he'd get when she was alone. His thumb hovering over to text back, he jumps once Liam stomps loudly inside the living room, cradling his daughter Mia.

"Can you please get off your phone?"

"I'm not on the phone......". Harry sighs as Liam continues to look at him. "Anymore".

"You talked to Niall?". Watching his friend place his daughter down with her toys. Harry stares as he barricades her body with throw pillows before glancing at his phone lighting up with a new email alert.

"I don't think you have to do all that"

"Do all what?"

"She's eleven months now". Harry leans forward.

"Oh I'm sorry. Are you a dad yet?"

"No, but......"

"Right, when you become one then you can give me advice". Sarcastically he says, rolling his eyes. "Besides Mia has been lifting herself up a whole lot lately. She's even trying to climb. Trust me she needs this. Better yet I need this". He corrects. Liam plopping down on the couch next to his friend. The cap from his beer twisted off. Drinking most of it before sighing loudly.

"You ok?"

"Yea"

"You sure?"

"Harry you don't have to psych manage....."

"Cut the crap. What's up?"

"I'm just exhausted". He sighs, rubbing his face. "Can I be honest without any judgement?"

"Of course"

"Being a dad, it's not hard. But it's not easy either but....". He sighs. "I mean you hear the stories, the losing sleep, the constant alertness but you wouldn't understand until you've been up till three in the morning. And you're only surviving off of barely three hours of sleep. I swear after six months everything just started happening. Crawling, shes feeding herself, some of it gets in her mouth the rest on the floor, in her diaper. Or me or Liv". He tells him. "And she's never sleepy when we are. And now Liv is talking about having another one. Mia isn't even one yet. And already she wants another one. Twins"

"What?"

"Yea she wants to start soon". He breathes. "Don't get me wrong I want another baby too, I do. But twins Harry. We literally just got on a proper schedule last week. And to be honest it's not even that great of a schedule. And honestly I'm just fucking tired". He laughs at how ironic he sounds giving how his wife has to deal with the exhaustion more.