C.16

October 25, 2014

Music Inspiration
Katy Perry- Unconditionally

Waking up a little after nine, Harry rubs last nights sleep from his eyes. His briefs clinging to his waist, loosening the elastic around them. Glancing over at Katherine, naked and sprawled underneath the covers. Hair messy, lips parted and a tiny drool stain on of her pillow. The bed shifting low as he rolls to her side, smothering her.

"Wake up". He whispers leaning in her ear.

"Mhmmm".

"It's your birthday, wake up".

"Harry no". She's stubborn. But he smiles kissing the side of her face before giving up and climbing out of bed.

Shuffling across the room, yawning he glances out the window. Backed up traffic from one block to another. The sun beaming directly through, a light shines off the floor. Harry looking around, confused, once a low ringing sound distracts him. First eyeing his own phone hanging off the nightstand. He trips over Katherine purse, kicking hers out. And the ringing becomes not so low anymore.

Pressing the volume down until it mutes itself. Adams name right above nine missed calls and five messages, he swallows harshly. He knows out of good conscious he shouldn't do this, but he unlocks her phone anyway. Going to her messages.

Adam: Oct. 24 10:12pm : you enjoying your night out. Call me when you're on your way so I can unlock the door.

Adam: Oct. 24 11:29pm : it's getting pretty late baby. You on your way home soon.

Adam: Oct. 24 11:50pm : I called a couple of your friends. Where are you

Adam: Oct. 25 1:29am : could you call me please. Let me know you're ok at least.

Adam: 9:17am : I know its your birthday. But could you at least let me know where you are.

Licking his lips he sighs quietly, looking back at Katherine still asleep.

Katherine: I'm fine

Katherine: had to much to drink last night, got a room. I'll call you later when I'm leaving

Biting on his thumb nail he hits send. And within seconds her phone vibrates.

Adam: baby I've been calling everyone. What hotel are you in, I'll just come get you

Katherine: don't have to. I'll be home soon

Harry knows that sounded indirect and probably nothing like Katherine at all.

Katherine: taking a quick shower I'll call you when I get out. Love u

Quickly he presses down on the power button, swiping across to shut it off. The heaviness in his chest vanishing once he slides her phone into a desk drawers. Listening to her move in her sleep. And as he turns around, he watches her stick both arms under the pillow before lying still again.

But now it was a little after ten thirty. And his body jerks forward as the elevator stops, doors opening on his floor. The hallway mildly quiet with the exception of housekeeping vacuuming a room as he walks by. Harry unlocks his. Clothes still scattered from last night but as he steps in he sees the bed empty. And in a matter of seconds Katherine appears from the bathroom pulling one of his shirts over her head.

"Morning".

"Jesus.....". Startled, she jumps. Hand over her chest. "You scared me". She smiles. "Good morning. I hope you don't mind but I went in your suitcase"