C.2

January 25, 2014

Music Inspiration
Gallant ft. Tablo & Eric Nam - Cave Me In

The freezing night, nearing the end of January. The snow had just stopped a little over an hour ago. Piles of it settling on each of Katherines bedroom windows. A breath of frustration as she glances down at her disorganized manuscripts scattered across her desk. To the blank screen on her laptop. Her attention momentarily venturing towards several crumpled up pieces of paper she threw that missed the bin. With writers block halting any type of progress there was nothing she could think to fix this. Anticipating a peaceful night in, away from distraction and noise the sudden roar of loud shouting echoes down the hallway towards her room. Her fiancé just a few feet away yelling at the tv along with his friends.

Angrily snatching her coat off the back of the chair Katherine slides a pair snow boots on before wrapping a scarf around her neck. Irritably reaching for her bag beside her feet, stuffing a few items inside. One strap loosely hanging off her shoulder, she stomps towards the living room. The sound of the hockey game blaring from the volume being turned up too loud, that she rolls her eyes again. Focusing on Adam as he shoves his friend to the side.

"Oh hey Kat. I didn't know you were back there this whole time". His friend looks back, throwing a chip into his mouth.

"Hi Davis". Faking a smile, she looks back and forth between the front door and the group of men squeezed together on the couch. "I was, but I'm leaving for a while"

"What, why?". Swallowing the chip in his mouth, Adam wipes the salt from his fingers onto his shirt. "What's up, you ok?"

"Not really, no". Honest, she shakes her head. "No I'm not ok". Briskly Katherine turns on her heels before feeling Adam grab the back of her arm.

"Wait a minute". He stops her. "Wait a minute. What's wrong? Talk to me"

"It doesn't matter. I'm just gonna go out for a while, I shouldn't be more than a couple hours". Reclusively Adam stands. Moving them both towards the kitchen counter.

"It does matter. And it's late"

"What are you talking about? It's not even 9 yet"

"Still". He shrugs. "And besides we just got a few inches of snow earlier. Do you really think going out now is smart? And it's suppose to start back up again"

"I'm just going up the street. Can you let me go now?".

"Katherine, seriously"

"What?!". Her tone bitter, she takes a glance towards his friends whose trying but failing miserably not listen in.

What is wrong with you?"

"Honestly Adam". Annoyed, she looks around. "If I have to tell you what my problem is then...". Breathlessly Katherine laughs before stopping herself. "You know what, it's not a big deal. Can you let my arm go?"

"Look I'm not letting you leave until you tell....."

"Fine". She exhales. "Earlier I told you that I had a meeting Monday morning with my publishers"

"I know that, what....."

"And I told you how important this was. How important turning in these chapters were. I also told you that I have been having problems concentrating and that these past couple of months I've been struggling because of writers block"

"I know baby"

"I asked for the apartment tonight"

"Oh, fuck". Adam slouches, as he scoffs to himself.