C.18

October 26, 2014

Music Inspiration
Bobby Andonov- War Is Love
Kodaline- All I Want
Fleurie- Like Hell

The taste of tequila on his tongue mixing well with the salted peanuts. Slowly Harry looks around the half empty bar. He was miserable to say the least, and though he kept his feelings intact during the plane ride home. Once he had landed, immediately he told himself not to break down in front of anyone. Heaviness on heart he drags his hand across his face, while the other swirls his drink around.

"Another one". Tapping two his fingers against the counter. He pushes the empty glass back.

"Rough night?"

"You can say that". With his hand full of peanuts again, he throws a few in his mouth. "Women"

"Ahh. So you're having that type of rough night?"

"All they do is lie. Natural born liars". Harry's given his shot and without hesitating he throws it back, grunting as he swallows. "Another one"

"You sure?". The bartender frowns. "Keep it up and I might have to  give you the whole bottle". He jokes.

"I like that idea, do that. Give it to me"

"I was joking"

"I wasn't, hand it over". He motions with his fingers.

The clock ticking past midnight now Harry doesn't realize just how long he's actually been sitting here. The room, at first filled with at least twelve people, it was now down to four, including him and the bartender. Coughing from the strong smell of cigarette smoke passing him. He catches himself, grabbing onto the counter, hitting the empty tequila bottle.

"Mate! You feeling ok?"

"Am I feeling ok?". Eyes low, he chuckles. Hiding his smile. "You wanna know if I'm feeling ok?". He scoffs. "Fuck her. That's how I feel. She claimed she loved me, but that was just shit. Nothing but complete and total bullshit!". Harry tries to drink from his empty glass, slamming it down on the counter.

"Maybe I should get you a glass of water or coffee. You like coffee?"

"I don't want water". He licks his lips, slurring his words. "But you can pass me another bottle from behind you"

"I don't think I...."

"Give me another fucking bottle please". Calmly he rubs his eyes before looking at him. "Let me ask you a question?"

"Ok"

"You married?". He shrugs. "Dating?"

"Single, going on two years now"

"See what I mean". He points his finger. "They make you fall in love with them. They kiss you and they touch you in all those spots where it's like engraved in their fucking heads to remember. Whispering all the sweet stuff, like forever and always and....". He laughs. "And settling and then....BAM". He shouts. "They yank it all back. Like it meant nothing"

He leans back to far, but again catches himself from falling.

"Woah....woah mate!. Maybe you should slow down a bit"

"I'll slow down when I want to fucking slow down. Besides it looks like you need the service anyway". Fumbling in his pocket finally Harry takes out his phone. "Where's that bottle I just asked for?"