C. 25

June 13, 2015

Music Inspiration
Blue Foundation- Eyes On Fire
Banks- You Should Know Where I'm Coming From
Sam Smith- Not In That Way

Three missed calls and one voicemail. Katherine groans to herself watching her screen fade back to black. Stretching, she unlocks her phone, hesitant on wether the new voicemail was important or not. Because what could Sylvia possibly want. The last time they had even seen each other, Adam was out of town. And she had a few choice words to say.

But she listens anyway. The unusual joyous tone as she invites her out for lunch with the address of the place right behind. It's all in Katherines right mind to decline this invitation, but she doesn't.

And each step since leaving the cab, she questions turning around. Until the familiar faces of her sister and mother were in front of her.

"Mom?" She walks towards them. "Hanna, what are you doing here?"

"Sylvia called me this morning, she invited me out to eat". Quickly swinging one arm around her daughters shoulder, they hug. "Han stayed over last night, so she tagged along"

"Tagged along? She made me come with her". Hanna looks around before linking arms with her sister. "As if I needed this today, free food though,  right? And besides I always wondered what does Satan eat?"

"Hanna Leigh! Don't be rude"

"Maybe she's going under the knife and she wants a humans opinion". Katherine and her sister laugh silently under their breath. "Her horns are probably reappearing as we speak". She whispers, flinching at sudden pain. "Ow, mom! Did you just pinch me?!"

"Yes, be nice. I know we all haven't had the best record with this woman and obviously she isn't the first person we'd want to go to lunch with. But maybe she's trying". Rebecca scowls the streets around her.

"Yea, maybe"

"So Kat". Hanna pulls her sister closer. "How are you?"

"I'm ok, why?"

"I can't ask how you are?"

"No, you can". She smiles. "I've been better. You?"

"Good. Mom said you quit your job"

"Yea, yea it wasn't really living my expectations, working in retail. But my publishers office mentioned they have this opening for a front desk position. So I was thinking about applying for it"

"Really, what about your book? I know it was a bit of struggle when you were working at the store. Isn't it gonna conflict with you working there?"

"Well I don't have the job yet. I don't even have an interview. And beside my book is on its final stage. Literally the last two chapters, I'm handing in a few weeks"

"That's good"

"Yea"

"And that's it?"

"What is it Hanna?"

"I'm just, I don't know". She shakes her head. "A few months ago someone else was in your life and he's not anymore. I just wanna know if you're ok, still. You know cause the last time we talked about him."