C.27

Jume 29, 2015

Music Inspirations
Kodaline - Unclear 
Skylar Grey - I Know You (Preferred for Harry)

With her heels clicking heavily against the concrete swiftly Katherine maneuvers her way around a crowd of people. Sighing a stressful breath as she listens to Adam on the other end of the call.

"Are you even listening to me?"

"Yes, what?". Briefly she glances up towards the building, stopping at the entrance.

"Meet me so we can talk about this"

"I can't I'm busy"

"With what?"

"Stuff Adam, what do you want?"

"To talk, just give me five minutes"

"I don't have five minutes". The lobby's entrance quiet. She looks around before standing in front of the elevator, throwing her empty coffee cup inside a nearby trash bin. The doors slowly opening, grateful that it's empty, she steps inside.

"It's been weeks Kat. Your parents won't talk to me, you're avoiding any type of communication with me. Tell me what I have to do to fix this". He sighs. "I don't want us to be over. I can call Dr. Shaw, maybe she can schedule a ...."

"I don't want you to do that". Impatiently she looks up watching the numbers go to the sixth floor. "Couples counseling are meant for couples, for people in a relationship and we are no longer in one. And I'd really wish you'd just stop trying. Stop trying my parents, Hanna. Don't come to my job again, just stop"

"Don't do that. Don't act like you don't love me anymore"

"I gave you the ring back for a reason. We're not good for each other anymore. I'm trying to make this easy for the both of us"

"Easy?!". He laughs with sadness in his voice. "How is this suppose to be easy for me. You broke off our engagement! Is it because of the DC thing? Do you want me to turn it down?"

"No, no I want you to take it". The elevator opens, slowly she walks pass office doors before standing in front of one in particular. "I want you to take it and I want you to be happy with your decision and every thing you do in your life, without me in it"

"But I'm happy with you"

"No you're not cause I'm not"

"Yes I am!!". He shouts.

"Then you're just lying to yourself"

"Kat?"

"Adam I don't want to marry you!". She shouts, frustrated. "Ok. I don't wanna marry you. And I haven't in a very long time. I should have told you that before all this and I'm sorry that I waited because people get hurt when you wait. But I don't wanna be with you so stop trying"

"Katherine?"

"I have to go. Please stop calling me". With a heavy breath she grips the doorknob before turning it. The soft sounds of classical music faintly heard from the radio once she steps inside an empty waiting room.