The Very First New Year Baby

The Husband:

New Year's Eve. We were in the garden. Tulip and Patrick and Carma and Ron were about to come. Lusi was already here with Kouidier. I don't even now what the hell that name means, but he was arabian, so I prefered to not ask. I saw the car. Great, finally my best friend! I didn't see her in like two weeks.

She went out of the car and I inmediatly opened my eyes wide. Such a big belly, the biggest in the world. I stood up and I kinda ran to hug her. Carson went to hug Rikki. In less than two months they became friends, just like us.

"God! You didn't tell me you were carrying with an elephant in your belly, Tulip" Inés approached and she laughed.
"Just wait until your belly grows up a little bit more, beauty. Then I will be the one who laughs out loud" She hugged my wife and I looked at them. They were the women of my life (just after we found out we were having another boy).

I think I have forgotten to tell you we are having a baby. Yes! Such a succesful year. First I got married, then I had a baby and then my wife got pregnant.

"Kouidier! My friend" Tulip yelled, opening her arms to hug him. I think its obvious who was the one who made them start dating. She may be a huge desaster in maths and soccer, but she has a real power.
"Lauren" He smiled and approached her. Even if Tulip was almost as tall as I was (with heels, obviously), she looked so little by Koud's side "You look so beautiful, as always".
"Hey there, man!" Lusi told him "Remind who are you engaged to".

He laughed and hugged her. We were all together. It was kinda perfect. My friends, my sister, my nieces, my nephew, my son and my wife. I was complete.

Suri crawled, looking at me and I took her in my arms. She was almost two, and she was kinda as clever as her mom. She knew how to talk to everybody.

"Klecess" I'm Klecess (or at least it's what I think) that is a mixture between Un(cle) and Prin(cess). She was the cutest blonde baby ever (because her sissy was the cutest brunette 3-years-old).
"Do you want an aereoplain tour, don't you, Suri?" I smiled.

I looked at Rikki, Carson and Weston. They all were by my side, so I thought "if you want your shoulders to not break, close your aeroplain station. Now".

"Momma" Weston said "Are you peeing yourself?".
"Great!" Rikki shaked her head "A New Year's baby! Exactly what I needed".
"But why is she peeing herself?" Weston asked.
"She sin not peeing herself, idiot. She's having a baby".

***

January 1st, 2022. Philadelphia Medical Center. That wasn't exactly how I expected to spend the first day of the year.

The C-Section was being complicated. The baby would be a Sheppard, without doubing it any second. The Sheppard family loves drama. So obviously, after a few seconds, a ginger doctor appeared in the room and looked at us.

"I'm doctor Addison Montgomery" She just smiled and looked at me "The little boy is doing OK. But there was a problem with the surgery. We are not sure about mother's health, right now".
"What?" Inés said.

I obviously rested there, looking at the doctor. I just begged it was really a film, so I started believing it. Just a film, tomorrow we will be as always.

"I'll be there in a couple of hours, more or less" She said that and left the room.

A few minutes later, Patrick sent us a photo. Baby Gavigan #4, ladies and gentlemen. I saw Tulip in him. He was beautiful.

"Kendall Patrick Gavigan. Hoping his mom will hug him soon".

I shaked my head. I smiled. Obviously my friend wanted his boy to be called as a Kardashian. I should have known it. My stupid Tulip... I needed her.

I needed her.