The Very First Hippie

The Wife:

Saint Valentine's Day. I was laying on the grass, with a 5-months-pregnant belly. My oldest son was running around with Rikki by his side. I remember she slept at home that night. Suri was sick and Kendall was just being annoying. Tulip and Patrick could not bear with all their kids.

The good new was that, that night, Tulip and Patrick would take Carsey to their house... Oh, Saint Valentine's day without kids was just the best thing ever.

"Mom" He sat down beside me and he touched my belly "Do this baby will be your favorite?".
"What? Obviously not, baby" I smiled "I love you both the same way".
"Sure?" He raised an eyebrow. For a little second, he looked exactly like Tulip.
"Sure" I kissed him and I smiled.

Rikki sat down by my side. I smiled at her and inmediatly after she sighed, smiling too. I looked at her.

"What's wrong babe?".
"Even if I thought it was imposible... I miss my mom" She smiled a bit "She is the one that understands me".

A few minutes later I heard a car behind me. Good! The Gavigan crew was finally there! I stood up, screwing up, and I approached them. I just opened my eyes wide when I saw Tulip going out of the car. Rikki just looked her up and down, like saying "who's that and where's my mother".

"Baby!" Tulip opened her arms and hugged her daughter. Rikki looked at her and she smiled.
"Mom... Why are you wearing... That" She raised her eyebrows.
"OH MY FATHER GOD!" I turned around and I saw Kizz. He was looking at her like 'wtf'.

Tulip looked at him, half smiling and half angry.

"Good morning, Princess" She took Weston in her arms and smiled at me "Oh God, look at your belly".
"Shut up" I smiled too, still looking at her.

She was wearing...

"Are you wearing an elephant in your head, Tulip?" Kizz asked.
"I am" She smiled at him "And I've changed my famous Iyves Saint-Laurent dress for... Well... For this. Isn't it cute?".

I looked her up and down. She was wearing a long and green (yes, fluor green) skirt, a braces T-shirt, with a peace sign on the middle. She was wearing (as Kizz said before) an elephant in her front and... Oh! Wait! Was she wearing two braids? She was, she obviously was.

"Oh, guys. I forgot to tell you. Now I'm a hippie" She smiled. Pattie looked at her and shaked his head.
"Anytime I look at her, she reminds me more and more like her mother. Both of you are crazy" Her husband said. The Old Tulip would have punched him in the nose, but this New Tulip just smiled and didn't look at him.
"The thing is that since Kenny was born, I feel so blessed to live. So I keep believing the karma was the one who let me keep living. So now I'm going to listen to Bob Marley and I will become a marijuana addict" She smiled again "I'm too cool or what?".
"Sorry" Kizz said "I think its an insult to Tulip's mom to be compared with this crazy and not-so-clever teenager".

For a second I thought she was going to kill them, but then she sighed, she smiled, and she looked at them. I have to say that it was the first time she was smiling that much. It was pretty scary.

"Say whatever you want. Then the karma will slowly kill you. Remember that".

My God.