... Having a Reunion

(The Beatles are finally reuniting for a gig, forty-five years after their breakup! This is an extended special edition chapter with input from The Beatles themselves! Enjoy!)

What do The Beatles have to say about a reunion gig?

John: "I'll go if I really have to. I bet that McCartney kid won't even want to see me."

Paul: "It'll be lovely to see the other lads again, but John won't want to see me..."

George: "Will there be snacks?"

Ringo: "Wonderful! Now we can make things right and be happy again!"

When they get there, a bit of self-consultation:

John: *straightens his fluffy angel wings* "Oh no, there they are. I hope they don't have any grudges against me or anything... I wish Yoko was here. She'd know what to do."

Paul: *grips his bass tighter* "There's John. Wow, he's certainly changed. I wonder if he still acts the same as he did back in the old days. Oh God, what if he doesn't even want to speak to me?!"

George: "Yikes, Paul and Ringo are looking old. I wonder if they - Wait. Is Ringo holding a big bowl of jelly babies?!" *smiles* "He knows me so well."

Ringo: "Remember what Mother always said: be yourself and others will like you... Of course, it never hurts to bring a little bribe." *pats bowl of jelly babies*

Awkward introductions:

John: "Um... hey, you three old bastards... Uh..."

Paul: "Hi, lads. I brought my bass, so I thought we could..."

George: "Hi Ringo. Jelly babies?"

Ringo: "Jelly babies." *hands him the bowl*

Later on:

John: "Yeah, yeah, Paul. You might still be alive and touring and all that rubbish, but can you fly? Huh? Huh? Can you?" *shoots upwards* *turns back flips* *shows off like crazy*

Paul: "Stop showing off, you silly git! We came here to play a gig!" *chuckles*

George: *scoffing Ringo's jelly babies while strumming his sitar*

Ringo: *watching with amusement* "I see being dead hasn't done anything to your appetite, Georgie."

Time to go home (John and Paul):

John: "Good to see you again, Paul. You're not a total git after all!"

Paul: "Thanks, Johnny. Same here. I'm going to miss you."

John: "Don't start any of your silly lovey-dovey stuff. I can't stand that."

Paul: "I don't care. It's the truth. I've always missed you - each and everyday we were never together. I miss you."

John: "..."

Paul: "..."

John: *hugs Paul* "I miss you, too."

Paul: *smiles* *hugs back*

Time to go home (George and Ringo):

George: "Heh, look at those two queers over there."

Ringo: *chuckles*

George: "Anyway, catch you later, wack. Thanks for the jelly babies."

Ringo: "Aw, that's all right. I'm pleased you liked them."

George: "Are we still best friends?"

Ringo: "Best friends forever, Geo."

(Thanks to FatherMcKenzie for suggesting this lovely, lovely chapter!)