The Day of The Dragon

Rogues POV

I was walking with Sting to where the king was going to make his announcement. I glanced over towards where the Fairy Tail guild was and noticed that Y/n was no were to be found. I got a really bad feeling but I brushed it off hoping that she was probably just somewhere where I couldn't see her, or behind someone. There was no way I would be able to smell her because of all the different scents that where around.

The king started speaking. So I turned away my thoughts and listen to what he was saying He explained the current situation. (I'm skipping the exact wording because I'm lazy and you should know it.)

"...And that is the current situation. We know it must be taxing for you seeing as you've just participated in the grand magic tournament..." He kept rambling on and wouldn't stop.

"But right now...our kingdom is in grave danger." Then he mumbled, "Or so I was told." Not many people would have been able to hear that but the dragon slayers all became on edge because of that.

Fairy Tail was murmuring about the dragons. Then the king started talking again.

"As of this moment, we've decided on executing a plan of a grand scale... The eclipse plan. We intend to wipe out the ten thousand dragons in one fell swoop." I could hear multiple people asking how that would be possible before being shushed.

"However... considering the sheer volume of the enemy, several, if not several hundred, are expecting to survive the initial onslaught. Mages of all guilds, I beg of you, to lend us your power."

"Please...use your power to defeat the remaining dragons. That is all I ask. I beg of you...save this country." He finished and everyone shouted that they will help and the king started to cry thanking us.

All Sting said was "Dragons." I knew that he was thinking of our parents. Rufus turned to Ogre ask if they had seen My Lady. All of the guilds were getting ready to leave when a gust of wind made a line of buildings collapse. Followed by a deep guttural roar

I turned and told Sting who was also confused and said, "It came from the castle." Everyone was giving horrified looks at the castle as we dispersed to different parts of the city.

Natsu's POV

I was on the back of one of the dragons and Future Rogue was right there. I couldn't let him win. I had to fight for Lucy for the rest of my friends. "Why do you keep trying if you can't win?" he questioned me while still hitting me with his magic.

"Because I'm going to fight for my friends." He hit me launching me near the end of the dragon.

"Do you recognize this person? I just picked me up on my way here." He said while smirking as he pulled Y/n from a shadow. He held her bridal style, so I couldn't risk trying to hit him with my magic because he was holding Y/n.

"Let her go," I growled at him. He just looked at me and smirked once again.

"Well as you wish." The next thing that I knew was happening was that he tossed her over the edge of the dragon. My eyes widened. "NO! YOU BASTARD!" I yelled at him and launched an attack on him. "Why are you doing this?" I yelled at him. Not even noticing the look of pain in his eyes when he did that.

I could tell that he was getting angry with me. "It's because I lost the two most important things that ever append in my life." He yelled at me. We continued to fight.

~~~~~~A little bit earlier~~~~~~~

Rogues POV

I was fighting the dragon with Sting because he led his over toward me. I saw and heard someone falling I realized that it was Y/n. There was a different figure flying after her. Noticing that it was Shadow. There were too many things that happened at once. She hit the ground, and I knew that she was dead. Sting also got hit by the dragon ultimately killing him as well. Then I was back. It was like I had a vision of the future. I looked at Sting. He looked at me and yelled.

"Go catch her before she hits the ground." So I ran over to her. I lunged and just barely catching her. I looked down and made sure that she was still breathing and alive. Shadow came to a halt right next to me.

"Go I got her. You need to fight that dragon." She told me so I set Y/n down gently and turned back and continued fighting the dragon.

"Sorry I was late." A female voice said in time with an attack. It was Y/n she was helping us.

"Well, it took you long enough," I said while hitting the dragons face with a shadow attack. "I have no clue. I was a bit busy falling off the big dragon." She was smiling as she continued to attack the dragon. Sting then decided to butt in and tell us "Stop talking love birds and focus on the fight." I decided that I would get back at him when this was over.

I saw the big dragon in the sky fall and destroy the eclipse gate making the dragons disappear and we knew that it was over. "We couldn't kill a single one."

"What kind of dragon slayers are we," Sting said with defeat. Y/n decided to cheer him up

"Well, you are still dragon slayers and have some of the coolest magic ever, so that's a plus." Sting grinned at that and agreed with her. We all headed back to the center of town.

As soon as Gajeel saw her he ran and hugged Y/n. "where the hell was you. You had me worried, idiot. I thought you were dead." I guess we probably shouldn't tell him about her falling out of the sky. She hugged him back and said, "I have no clue what happened, but that doesn't matter right now."

We walked back to everyone and Natsu and Lucy arrived. Natsu ran up to Y/n and kissed her. They started laughing. It made me feel slightly angry for some reason, but I brushed it off knowing that I shouldn't be angry. I noticed Lucy also looking that way with rage and jealousy in her eyes.

~~~~~Time Skip~~~~~

Authors POV

The king announced that there would be a ball celebrating the wizard's victory and while everyone was getting the wounds treated that they gained during the fight. Lucy was plotting something. "Hey, Lucy why are you over there come over here and let's start getting your wounds treated," Natsu called over to her noticing that she was all alone. She smiled and grabbed the liquid vial and went over to him.

"Natsu could you try this." He nodded and drank all of it without even asking what was in it.