A Day To Relax

Y/n's POV

I arrived at the place called Hiroshima Diner and Grill. Waiting for Ethan to show. I could tell that Rogue was still apprehensive about the whole idea of it. I got lost in my thoughts without noticing that Ethan approached me.

"Hey sorry in late." He said, or rather I think he said I wasn't really paying attention. I waved it off and we went into the dining place. The girl that led us to our seats obviously knew him.

"You come here often don't you?" I told him, catching him staring at her retreating figure. "Looks like you like her too with how you stare at her." That defiantly caught his attention because his face turned bright red.

"Wha, I have no clue to what you mean. I don't like Shelly at all." He stated, trying to be as convincing as possible. He failed miserably. I just laughed slightly only making his face get even redder.

"You know I could help you ask her out if you were interested." His head shot up with hope in his eyes. I swear I could see them sparkling.

I laughed at his enthusiasm. "Well, first you're going to get to know her." The rest of the lunch was me helping him get the girl. When we left we were heading out to find the waitress something for her birthday.

"Well, she did say that she loved the beach." I was looking at the assortment of things with my finger on my face.

"That doesn't narrow down my options. I mean come on why is there so much stuff here? "He frustratingly put his hands on his head. I rolled my eyes at him before heading over towards the jewelry.

"Why don't you get her a necklace or something?" I suggested dragging him over to the selections.

He started to make a humming sound before he saw a beautiful pearl necklace. I heard him mumble perfect. He took a look at the price and his smile dropped.

"Damn it. Let's go look somewhere else." I could hear the defeat in his voice. "I think it's perfect. I'll buy it for you." I picked up the necklace and headed over to the shopkeeper.

"No, I can't ask that of you. It's too much money for you to give it away just like that." He kept trying to convince me not to buy the necklace.

"You do know that I'm a mage that is from one of the top guilds right?" I saw his expression and laughed. "This is almost nothing for me." I had the shopkeeper wrap it up nicely then handed it the Ethan.

"You know what to do from here right?" I asked him as we neared the diner. It was almost closing time, and that meant Shelly would be off her shift soon. I could see that he was nervous but was super giddy at the same time.

Shelly walked out of the building and was surprised to see him there. I started to walk away when their conversation started.

"Hey Y/n, thanks for everything. That Rogue guy is lucky to have you." Ethan hollered back at me while they walked away.

I made my way back to the guild hall in the blazing heat. 'When did it get so hot?' Was all I was thinking about. I was thinking of ways to get out of the heat but nothing came to mind.

The guilds pool was out of commission for certain reasons so that was out of the question.

I opened the guild doors only to hear Sting yelling, "It's too hot for paperwork lets go out and do something fun." I looked a crossed the hall only to see that Rogue was struggling with getting Sting to finish it.

"Maybe Sting's right we all need a bit to relax," Lector spoke up and before Rogue could make a comment I decided to pipe into the conversation.

"I think that sounds like a great idea. Now we need to figure out where to go." They started planning places to go. I could see that Rogue had completely given up trying to get any of them to actually do any work.

"How did it go? He didn't do anything to you, right? I swear if he did..." I looked up at him laughing.

"It went fine. I actually ended up helping him get a girl, so I would say that it went well." He looked surprised but was happy that nothing serious had happened.

"What do you think we should do?" I gave him a questioning look. "About them." He said while pointing and answering my question. Shrugging my shoulders I said "Let's enlighten them for one day. We can get back to work tomorrow. Sting has been working pretty hard."

"What are you talking about he tried to escape 10 minutes ago. I had to bring him down into the guild hall just to stop him."

"Hey, it's only his second attempt this week." His brow creased a little bit more and I was going to say something but I had completely forgotten what I was going to say.

"It's only the second day of this week." Rogue was playfully swinging his arms in the air to be more dramatic.

"I see your point." Sting came running up to us excitedly explaining what we were going to do.

"And we are all going no complaints." He ran back off before either of us could get a word out.

"Let's hope that we don't lose Frosh again." Rogue agreed with me. "Is it just me or does it seem like Sting is planning something?"

"Well, he kind of did with all of us going to the place." "That's not what I meant." I had known exactly what he had meant but I decided to tease him a bit. We ended up laughing at the end.

'I wonder what will await us at the water park.'  I thought to myself while I was getting my stuff ready.