Chapter 7

Miroku helped finish the burial with the village leader. "Wherever your soul is, may it have peace,"he prayed. Kagome sat with Sango and Selena while Miroku was finshing up.

"I hope he doesn't ask for anything in return,"Sango muttered.

"He did offer to do it,"Kagome replied.

"Who knows what he does, he is a bad monk,"Selena mumbled."Hey look its InuYasha," InuYasha walked towards Kagome. He looked like he had a lot to say but remained silent.

"InuYasha,"Kagome said.

"Kagome,"InuYasha began,"Will you stop being mad at me?"

"I'm not mad,"she answered.

"You're not?'InuYasha asked confused. Kagome smiled in response. "I'm really glad,"he said in relief. Kagome blushed.

"I should be the one apologizing," Kagome lowered her eyes.

"You don't have to. Kagome.."InuYasha began. Selena cleared her throat.

"Um don't try to make it worse,"

"How am I making it worse?!"InuYasha yelled. "I haven't said anything yet!"

"Like that,"Sango replied.

"Women are are weird," InuYasha crossed his arms before heading towards Miroku. Shippo came running with Kirara.

"Hey Shippo!"Selena greeted. Kirara jumped onto Sango while Shippo jumped onto Kagome.

"We should get going now,"Sango said as she got up."We need to search for Naraku.," Kagome grabbed her bow and arrows as they went to the hut. InuYasha and Miroku followed.

"Shall we leave?"Miroku asked.

"Yeah,"InuYasha replied.

................................................................................................................................

Naraku was looking into Kanna's mirror."Show me InuYasha,"he commanded. The mirror revealed the image of InuYasha."Hmm,looking for me?' he opened his hand, showing the jewel. It was incomplete."Show me Kikyo," Kikyo was walking with her soul colllectors."That dead woman is nothing but dirt and bones yet I still haven't killed her." Naraku hated the fact that he was a half-demon because he still had a human heart, the heart of Onigumo and since Onigumo lusted Kikyo, Naraku is unable to kill her."I need to get rid of this heart..."

................................................................................................................................

"Wait up!"one of Koga's comrades called out."We don't have jewel shards in our legs!"

"Even if you had some, you still wouldn't be able to defeat me!"Koga bragged as he ran. Koga stopped midway, making his two comrades bump into his back. "Hey watch it!" Koga saw Selena walking with the rest of the group. "Selena.."he whispered to himself.

"Its the wolf,"InuYasha growled.

"Koga?" Selena sounded excited but then lowered her eyes.

"Yo!"he called out. Instead of going towards Kagome, he walked towards Selena,"How are you doing, Selena?" Kagome was in awe.

"Uh...fine,"she blushed.

"He didn't flirt with you,"Sango whispered to Kagome.

"Yeah. Instead he went straight to Selena,"Kagome smiled. She was happy Koga started noticing Selena and not her. Kagome saw Selena laughing and smiling with Koga.

"Selena, that mutt won't be able to protect you,"Koga pointed to InuYasha,"I'll join you for a while to keep you safe,"

"That's really thoughtful,"Selena smiled, "I'm so lucky!"she giggled in happiness.

"What about us?"His comrades chorused.

"Head back,"Koga ordered. They sighed and ran off.

"Selena," Koga put his hands on Selena's shoulders, "I keep hurting your feelings but I promise to protect you.."

"Koga.."Selena looked into Koga's eyes(really romantic :p)

"Hope I'm not interrupting anything but youre not coming!"InuYasha snapped.

"If Selena wants me to, I will,"Koga snapped back.

"Calm down you two,"Kagome went on between them,"Koga, you can stay with us,"

"Who gave you the right to let him? I'm already protecting 5 people!"InuYasha argued.

"We do need a little help,"Sango spoke up.

"InuYasha, he won't be bugging you. He wants to protect Selena,"Miroku added.

"But.."

"InuYasha.."

"Miroku.."

"You're my friend and as a friend, I suggest you let Koga be with Selena,"

"Who said we were friends?"

"Who said we weren't?"

"Ok,Ok..He can stay,"

"Thanks ,InuYasha!"Selena grinned. Kagome and Sango looked at each other and smiled,"Now lets find Naraku!"

"You sound excited,"InuYasha muttered.

"With Koga,I am!"she laughed. Koga blushed which made everyone including InuYasha laugh.

"Shut up!"Koga yelled,"Don't think I won't.."Selena looked at him which made him stop.

"Come on Koga!"Selena pulled on his arm,"We have to get going," That made Koga smile.