( 17 ) Reconciling

Lucy

"Sorry it took so long in there, Lu-chan," Levy apologized. 

"Oh, It's no problem. Did he say anything to you?" I asked.

"No, just the usual stuff any guy would say. Ok, Lucy, listen to what I'm about to say," I nodded in response, "but I don't think Natsu is to blame here. I think he sincerely is trying to prove that he loves you. 

Remember that Lisanna and him used to go out, so she may have been trying to get back together with him or something after she was dumped." 

'Its seems like its not just my parents that think it wasn't Natsu. I should probably talk to him.' 

"Hey, Levy. I think I'm gonna call Natsu when we get back to your place. I think your right, maybe I need to call him," I stated in a quiet voice. 

"There you go! You just have to talk calmly to each other like civilized young adults," Levy rambled on. 

When we got to Levy's house, I settled my stuff into the guest room and went onto the veranda with my phone. 'I can do this, I can do this, I can do this. Come on Lucy! You got this,' I told myself. As I pressed each digit, I could feel myself getting tenser and tenser. 

After about 2 rings, he picked up. "Lucy?! Are you there? Listen Luc-" 

"Hi Natsu," I cut him off, "I need to hear what really happened, and I need to hear it from you. Be 100% honest with me Natsu."

"Ok Luce. What happened was she told me that she wanted to get back together with  me and that this marriage is a political marriage and she asked me if we actually loved each other. and while I was in shock, she took advantage of me and tried to kiss me, then you walked in," he explained to me. 

"And your being 100% honest? No lies?" 

"I promise- no, I swear on my life that I really love you and this whole thing is all a big misunderstanding. I even told Lisanna that she wasn't allowed near our house again. Please, Luce. Believe me!" he begged. 

I couldn't help but feel like a huge weight was off my chest. "Ok Natsu. But tonight I'm staying at Levy's place," I told the pinkette. 

"Ok. And I'm not gonna talk to Lisanna ever again, I promise."

"Ok, I think I'm just gonna avoid her too. I don't appreciate the fact that she started all this. Well, I'm gonna go eat lunch with Levy, ok?" 

"Ok, I'll see you soon."

"Ok, bye," I said as I hung up the phone, a happy sigh escaping my lips. 

Levy

Lucy walked into the kitchen looking happy. She was smiling, and she looked relieved. "how was the call?" I questioned. 

"It was good. I think I'm gonna go home tomorrow," she said looking at her fingers, grinning. I noticed that there was something silver on her ring finger. 'I see. She put her ring on,' I thought.