( 18 ) Having a Cry is Good

Lucy

When I told Levy I was going home she didn't seem surprised. "Oh that's good," was all she said, so I'm guessing she suspected it would play out like this. 'Damn, that girl is just too smart.' 

*Ring*

Oh, my phone I saw the name, Wendy Dragneel. I picked up the phone slowly."Hello?"

"Lucy-san! Hey, I heard about what happened to you guys from my parents but I don't think nii-san would do that to you! Please be with him again!"

"... I'm going home today, Wendy. Don't worry," I reassured her.

"Good! Ok then Lucy-san, I'm gonna go now."

"Bye." Thus, our phone call ended.

"So, do you want me to take you home?" Levy asked curiously, making me look up from my phone.

"No, I'll just have Capricorn come pick me up," I answered.

"Ok."

When I called Capricorn, he told me he would come get me, in his usual serious tone. "Yes, Lucy-sama. I will gladly come tomorrow morning."

"Thanks, Capricorn!" I thanked him.

"With pleasure, Lucy-sama." When I got off the phone, I went upstairs and started getting all my stuff together.

I said my thanks to Levy, and left, Capricorn driving us to my house. When we got there I stood at the door and took a few deep breaths before unlocking the door and walking inside. 

'Knowing Natsu, he's probably still sleeping right now,' I thought, taking off my shoes and quietly walking into the living room.

I set down my stuff and sat down on the couch, but was startled as I heard a quiet voice. "Luce," it continued, "L-Luce I'm sorry!" Suddenly Natsu was in front of me on the ground, apologizing repetitively. 

"Hey! Hey! Natsu listen to me," I commanded as I knelt down on the ground, where he could see my face. "Hey, get up now Natsu, come on!" I said finally pulling him up.

Natsu

I couldn't sleep all night. Laying in bed, I was thinking all night about today and if she would really come home. When I faintly heard the door open, I got up cautiously and sneaked into the living room. 

I saw the back of Lucy as she was putting her bag of stuff and her backpack down. "Luce," was all I could muster up at first, but then all my emotions poured out and I ran in front of her and started apologizing over and over again.

I didn't really know what to so, but when she pulled me up I hugged her hard and whispered, "I'm so sorry. I didn't know Lisanna would do that."

"It's ok Natsu. I will have a talk with Lisanna though," she stated sternly, pushing me back gently, with her small hands. "I told her not to come here again," I added. After I said that an awkward silence fell over us.

"You know, Natsu. This hasn't ever happened to me. I only had one boyfriend. He was Sting Eucliffe, so I don't really know what to say, but I would really like to forget this ever happened," Lucy said, looking down.

"Me neither. I dated Lisanna a while back, but it wasn't serious. I only remember dating for a short period of time. I never really thought of it as much, though. We just lost attraction for each other so things just ended on their own. But I wanna forget about it too."

I pulled Lucy into my arms and I could feel warm tears from her on my chest. I don't know what triggered my emotions, but I soon feel myself crying the warm liquid that holds our sadness inside.

There we stood, in the middle of the dark living room, embracing one another and crying, letting all our sadness and distress go.