11: Dinner

Lani^^

"Nicole is coming for dinner tonight." She smiled as she opened the fridge. "Excuse me? You don't even live here!" Her head popped out and she smirked. "And you do?" I pressed my lips in a thin line nodding. Before I talk my phone vibrated.

To John from April:

John! I am so sorry but my mom told me she needs me to do like 500 things today. You could just drop Lani off at 20 Wills trail house number 67.

To April from John:

It's okay. I'll watch Lani for the rest of the day. She's very entertaining and enjoying the old raw episodes.

To John from April

I owe you one! Thank you :))

I put my phone down in my pocket and looked up seeing a glare from Brie. "What?" I asked. She shook her head and opened the fridge. "Nicole is coming at 7" I groaned and walked out.
-------------
(When everyone was at dinner; Dave, Brie, John and Nick)

"Lani, you want anymore chicken?" Dave asked her and she shook her head. "I want my mommy." She started pouting and I sent her a reassuring smile. "Mommy's coming soon."

It's been over 10 hours and April hadn't come back yet. I took Lani to Chuck E. Cheese, we went to the movies, and she came with me to go pick up some new merchandise.

The doorbell rang and Brie got up going to get it. I fed Lani more potatoes and she smiled a little when some of it got on me. How? I don't know..

"Nicole, nice to see you again." Dave said getting up to go to the fridge. I glared at Brie and she smirked at me. "Nikki you can sit here."

Great! She's not beside me but she's in front of me. Brie is a clever little.b-"Mr.Cena?" I looked at Lani as she interrupted my thoughts and she pointed to my phone, that happened to be vibrating. I slid answer and put it to my ear.
------
J-John A-April

J: Hello?

A: Hey John

J: Oh hey, what's up?

A smile formed on my face and I could see Nicole glaring in the corner of my eye.

A: I'm coming back now, I'm so sorry for making you stay with Lani

J: it's okay, we had a really fun day.

I got out the chair and walked outside waiting for her.

J: you almost here

A/m: yeah I'm pulling up now. So I'll see you in like 30 seconds

She giggled and I smiled bigger

J: Alright see ya.
--------

The car pulled up and it looked cleaner than before. She got out and smiled, throwing her backpack over her shoulder. "Hey you're back. And just in time for dinner." I smiled and she walked up hugging me. "Thank you so much. I also hope you don't mind I washed the car while I was out. Think of it as my thanks to you" "No problem. Listen, we're currently eating dinner. Would you want to join?" She broke apart and nodded. "It's not too much trouble?" I shook my head and she smiled before I took her hand and brought her in the house.

"Mommy!" Lani took off running towards her and she bent down hugging her. "Oh my baby, did you have fun with Mr. Cena today?" Lani looked up at me and smiled. "We went to all different places and he bought me some of his merchandise."

She looked up at me and mouthed thank you. I winked and saw her face turn red.

"Mommy, come have dinner." She pulled April to the dining room and I followed behind.