Chapter 3 - Jason. Jason?

"...thank all members of Hershell for interacting peacefully with each other. Now let us get down to business"

It seems as usual our meeting will be short and relevant just as Triston always does it.

"In 3 weeks' time we will be having our graduation ceremony for this year's graduates. I urge our graduates to be ready and you should already have a job in mind that you would like to choose. This year 2 graduates will be chosen to become government officials instead of one."

Triston takes a moment to swallow briskly and read over his notes.

I look over at Dina and grin. She does the same. Dina and I are the top students in our grade so if anyone is going to be chosen it's definitely Dina and I. Triston clears his throat and the room goes silent. He continues.

"Let us move on to the next matter. After a very long time you might have noticed a change in the number on the population counter. This is because we are welcoming a new family to the town."

He looks to his right and nods as if to signal someone to step forward.

A tall women steps forward. She's dressed in a formal red suit that makes it hard not to notice her. She has short brown hair that accents her green eyes. Her small thin lips make her seem strict. She looks behind her and a boy just a bit shorter than her walks out. I gasp. Not because of how his perfectly toned muscles fill out his shirt so well. Not because of his perfectly carved jawline or his crystalline green eyes that link him to the women next to him. And certainly not because I have the urge to touch him only to convince my mind something that beautiful actually exists. I gasp because I recognize him. Jason. Jason?

"This is Mrs Carter and her son Jason..."

Jason! How did I know that? I'm too baffled by the fact that I knew his name to listen to Triston anymore. At the end of the meeting Dina has to smack me on the arm to get me back to reality. I stand up rubbing my arm and bump her on the shoulder. We both laugh and walk to the front of the room to get stamped. I look around for him but he's gone.

"So the new guy is joining our grade. Did you hear?" Dina asks as she helps me pull my food crate from underneath another.

At least I'll get to see him at school.

"He is? Sorry I wasn't really listening..."

"Yeah he is. He's going to graduate with us which is odd since there is only 3 weeks left."

"That is odd. I guess we'll never know huh?"

"Yep but he's quite the hottie I must say. I saw you. I saw you scoping the view." Dina laughs and I feel the blood rushing to face. I laugh with her after a while.

Dina's mom calls her from the doorway and waves goodbye to me. I wave back and smile.

"Mums calling! Got to go! See you at the café later?" Dina shouts, running backwards towards her mother.

I nod and wave then grab my crate and take a slow walk home.

__________

Vote! Vote! Vote!

☬°☬°