Chapter 12 - The System

Once Jason and I are relaxed in the lounge again. He starts with the rest of the story.

"Where was I?" he mumbles to himself.
"Oh yes! So moving on... Around 2015 all we saw on the news was complaints about overpopulation and how there's not enough resources. On a special bulletin the United Nations announced they had put together a team of specialists dedicated to finding solutions to overpopulation. They called the team The System. Compiled of 15 members altogether. They announced that The System had been working together since 2013 and they had come up with a solution which would be announced soon."

The System? Hasn't Sheena mention that before?

"Pay attention madam Curie!" Jason says snapping his fingers in front of my face and laughing.

"Shut up Jay Lord. Go on then."

"They then proceeded to announce the 15 members by name and each member was given a chance to introduce themselves. But take a wild guess who was the 5th member of The Sytem?!" Jason says giving me a challenging glare.

"Uhm... V..." I start.

"Virote Montri" says a cold female voice that startles Jason and me.

We both turn to see Sheena standing in the doorway behind us. The expression on her face reminds me of the times she would scold us for doing some form of mischief.

"I don't even want to know how you 2 got into this story.
Alannah you should have waited until the next dilation. Until you're reunited with your mother she has given me permission to fill the part and I will do so even if it means reprimanding you. You could have hurt yourself today. You can't rush your memories any faster than the dilation.
And Jason don't even let me get started with you! You should know not to rush memories after dilation. What if she went into a coma or even worse? Now both of you should get to bed its already past 11 PM and you both have to go to school tomorrow."

Her glare intensifies on Jason and I. Both of us left speechless we just stand guilty as charged.

She aims her glare at Jason. "I'm leaving and if I don't see you in bed in 10 minutes you and Alannah will be banned from meeting until we leave the programme. Do I make myself clear?"

Jason nods and she turns to leave.

"Goodnight Sheena." I say trying to lighten the mood. She nods stiffly and leaves.

Jason and I stare at the doorway for a while then turn to each other. The next thing I know we both burst out laughing. We laugh until tears fall from our eyes.

"Hey wait! If all this happened before 2018, why didn't I remember it with the first dilation?" I ask considering that we only turned 10 in 2018.

"We only found out about it in our early teens Ally. And even if we did find out earlier I doubt we would have understood the meaning of it all. We were too young at the time. And you were too irritating." He replies emphasising the last part.

"Okay get out of my house now!" I say still laughing and pushing him towards the door.

When we're at the door he turns and gives me a soft hug. I wrap my arms around him and return the subtle squeeze.

He walks across the street and when he reaches the door of his house he turns to wave. I run out of my house and stop in front of him.

"Do you mind if we go to school together tomorrow?" I ask with puppy dog eyes.

"I wouldn't have it any other way AllyCat."

I quickly throw a peck on his cheek and run back to my house. As I lock my gate I see him smile giddily and I giggle.

Now I just have to pass a few more hours before I see him again.

__________

Twinkle Twinkle Little Star... Hint! Hint!
Don't forget to vote if you like the story!!

✯*✯*✯