Chapter 6 - Questions

At exactly 8 PM the doorbell rings. I walk towards the door with angst and turn the knob. Standing before me was Sheena and Jason. Sheena? Now I know her name as well?! I have to get to the bottom of this.

She looks more ordinary now that she had on a pair of sweats and a plain white shirt. Jason lags behind with a certain ting of excitement in his step. He's wearing the same thing from earlier only his hair looks more 'groomed'.

I usher them into the lounge and watch as they sit side by side. I sit directly across them on a single sofa, waiting.

We sit for nearly 5 whole minutes before Sheena breaks the silence with her signature smile and a warm 'Good evening Alannah'. I greet back and can't help but smile back.

"Ally I'm just going to ask you a few questions to see how deep your memory block is. Try to answer them as honestly as possible, okay?"

Memory block? I nod and she proceeds.

'How long have you lived here Ally?'

'I don't know...Since birth I think.'

'Mmmh. How far back can you remember?'

' About 5 years. Not more than that.'

'Where are your parents? Do you have any memories of them?'

' They died just after I was born. I don't know anything about them besides the pictures on the wall.'

'Do you have any memory of anything besides this world you live in?'

' No. Should I?'

'You'll see later on. Do you remember anything about Jason and me?'

I'll see later on? I think before I snap back to answer her question.

' No, only your names. I knew his was Jason and now I know yours is Sheena before I was told.'

She's asks more questions and I answer all as honestly as I can. After a while I feel my mouth getting dry so I offer them cooldrink and practically run to the kitchen at their nods.

I lean against the counter and breath deeply. Why is Jason so quiet? He hasn't said a word since he came in. I compose myself and quickly glimpse at my hair in my reflection on the microwave door. I look flushed. I brush back my hair and pinch my cheeks to get some colour back into them.

Through the slightly opened kitchen cupboard I spot a box of Oreo. I snatch 2 and gobble them down. I need the energy. Okay maybe I'm just hungry.

They're probably getting worried. I should head back.

I grab 3 cans of coke and head back.

__________

Is it just me or is there a little star at the bottom asking you to tap it??

✯✯✯