Chapter 15 - Falling

The rest of the school week goes by in a flash. I introduce Jason to everyone and it isn’t long before he wins them over with his personality. Him and Josh even hang out a few times in the week without us. Hayley seems overly smitten with him and his muscles. And as for Dina she’s just happy I might finally get a boyfriend even though I keep telling her we’re just friends. We decide to go to the Bean Café on Friday night to welcome him into the group.

The final school bell rings and I say my goodbyes to everyone. They all radiate excitement about us hanging out tonight but the only thing I can think of is my second dilation.

What will I find out this time?

Jason may have told me part of the memories that will come back but there are so many loose ends I need to tie up. At least I only have two more dilation sessions left then we’re out of here.

I pull Jason away from his conversation with Josh.

“Come on Jason! Let’s go home or I’m going to leave you!” I say in a sarcastic angry voice.

Jason follows me to the car and as I open the driver’s side door he asks me if he can drive us home.

“Why JayLord? Is my driving that bad?” I say and throw him the keys.

“I just want to show you something interesting, Ally. Your driving is horrible by the way!” he says sticking out his tongue at the end.

When we finally stop I’m surprised to see where we are. Jason jumps of and comes around to open my door. He opens the door and I immediately give him a confused look.

“What are we doing at the wall? It’s a 20m high wall that surrounds the town. Interesting? I think not.” I say to him as I jump off.

“Just wait! Must you girls always be so impatient?” he retorts back.

Jason goes to the trunk of his car and takes out a small device. It looks like a calculator with a big screen. He places it on the wall and starts typing on the buttons. What happens next almost gives me a heart attack. A steel door appears on the wall next to his device. He laughs at my shocked reaction and opens the door.

“Ladies first.” He says.

“What just happened?” I say wary of the darkness that lies beyond the door.

He grabs my hand and walks in before me. We walk into complete darkness. There’s no walls, floors or sky. Just blackness surrounds us. Never ending blackness. He grabs the calculator-like device and closes the door which disappears as soon as it’s closed.

“Where are we Jason? What is this place?” I ask holding on to his hand.

“You’re squeezing the life out of my hand, Ally. Relax. Remember I told you the programme is basically software on a computer that’s inserted into our minds subconsciously? Well sometimes they leave, what we call, black zones. In the Hershell programme everything beyond the wall is a black zone. Some people call these zones ‘play dough’ because you can programme any object into these zones if you have the right tools. I thought I could treat you to a nice lunch.” He explains.

“What do you mean programme any object into them?” I ask curiously.

Jason takes the device and presses on the buttons. After a few seconds a table pops up with two chairs and a candle on it. He keeps typing and lunch for two pops up on the table.
He stops typing and pulls out one of the chairs, gesturing for me to sit.

“Have a seat madam.” He says in French accent.

I laugh softly and walk towards him. After I sit he goes around the table and sits down.

“Wait! One more thing!” he says typing vigorously.

A small bunch of red roses appears on my lap. I can’t help but smile with a slight blush.

“Just a small gift for a special lady.” He says shyly.

Special lady?

“Thank you JayLord. Is this by any chance a date?” I ask teasingly.

“It could be. If you want?” he replies warily.

“Well then it’s a date!” I say and lean over to give him a peck on the cheek.

Jason smiles giddily at my reply. We sit and talk for what feels like hours. Today I see a different side of Jason. A softer side that’s cares so much about… me? I think I like this side of him.

“We should go now. We still have to meet everyone at the Café.” Jason says. “We can come back another day.” he continues when he sees my sad expression.

We close the, now visible, steel door behind us and head for the Café. As we leave our secret black zone behind I feel a spark of sadness in me. Jason was… amazing today.

Could I be falling for him?

__________

Okay so this chapter has quite the bit of romance!!

I just want to thank all my readers for the votes and amazing comments!! You guys inspire me to write!

Don't forget to vote!!

☚  ☛