Neymar Jr

I woke up to the sun gleaming through the slit in the curtains across my bedroom. I stretched out like a jelly fish in my bed with my eyes still shut. I yawned loudly as I opened my eyes slightly, not able to fully open them due to the brightness of the sun reflecting into the room. I rubbed my eyes viciously causing my vision to become blurry. After about 30 seconds of blinking, I could finally see perfectly again which I was grateful for.

'Ring, Ring'
I rushed over to my phone which was on charge on my dressing table in the corner of my room. A picture of Neymar and I was on the screen, my best friend, he was calling me. I carefully unplugged the charger from my phone and answered.

"Hello? Ney what's up?"
"Oh, hi Y/N, Erm are you busy today?"
"No it's my day off today, why's that?"
"Well, I was wondering if you wanted to come to mine today and you know, hang out?"
"Yeah sure, I'd like that."
"Ok, well come to mine when you're ready then yeah?"
"Yeah ok that's fine with me. I'll just jump in the shower and I'll come over."

We said our goodbyes a hung up. I placed the charger back into my phone and left it on the side again.
You see, me and Neymar, we go way back. And by way back I mean that we have known each other for years. Since we were both 9 in fact. He was new to the school my school at the time and my teacher chose me to be his buddy, to help him around school. And ever since then really, we've just become so close. Inseparable in fact.
I rushed into the shower and began to get ready.
****
'Knock, knock'
I stood at his front door, waiting for him to come to the door.
It always took him forever to answer, I don't know why though, seeing as his front room isn't far at all from the front door.
"Oh hi Y/N." He said, pulling me towards him so he could give me a quick hug.
"Hey Neymar." I replied, hugging him back.
We both walked into his open plan front room. I jumped onto the sofa taking the controller in my hand.
"No! We're not watching you're crap." Neymar said, taking back the controller from my hand and switching to the sports channels.
"Uhhh, really?" I said, in a really unconvincing voice. I barely ever get away from sports. If I'm not watching it, I'm being made to actually physically go and watch it by Neymar. I'm not complaining though, secretly I did enjoy going to football matches. I was Neymar' biggest fan. Through the good and the bad times I was there supporting him.
"Hang on a minute, who's television is it?" He laughed as he came and sat next to me on the sofa.
"Oh whatever." I joked, as I reached over to the coffee table in front of us to grab the morning newspaper.
I hung my mouth open in shock. You see, it's things like this that annoy me about the press, they make up stupid ridiculous stories and publish them into the newspaper just to get money. Yes ok, some of the stuff they publish is actually the god honest truth but a lot of it is absolutely rubbish! Like today's front page headline. 'Neymar's New Girl!' And underneath was a picture of Neymar and I, him whispering into my ear and a little smile on my face. Yes I admit, it looks like we are a couple in the picture, and the headline is a very convincing one, but no, that isn't us at all.
"Look at this!" I yelled, showing him the front page of the newspaper.
He just smiled and continued watching the television. I didn't know what was up with him recently. One minute he was completely fine with me, and the next he was in what seemed like a bad mood. It was really starting to bother me.
"What is with you recently Neymar?! I mean seriously, you're fine with me one minute and the next you're off with me? What is with you? We are supposed to be bestfriends!" I near enough shouted at him, as I threw the newspaper back onto the coffee table in front of us.
"Oh give it a rest will you." He said, as he got up and made his way into the kitchen. I followed him.
"No I won't 'give it a rest' Neymar. Like I said, we are supposed to be bestfriends and you just constantly turn on me." I said, looking at him as he went into the fridge and got out some orange juice and poured it into a glass.
"Yeah, well maybe that's the problem." He replied, raising his eyebrows at me.
"Excuse me?" I questioned.
"Maybe that's the problem, us being bestfriends." He replied, before taking a sip of his orange juice.
"Well if that's how you feel then fine!" I shouted, making my way towards the front door.
I cannot believe he had just said that to me. After years of being friends with him he just wants to throw it all away over nothing. With not even an explanation behind it.
"No wait!" He yelled across the house.
He ran to the front door, standing in front of it so I couldn't walk out of the house.
"I want to be more than friends, how have you not realized this? Why do you think I have been weird recently. I have fallen for you." He said, pulling me closer to him.
I was in shock, I really couldn't quite believe what he had just said to me. It felt surreal. I had never really thought of him like that, up until now that is.
And before I could even reply to him he pulled me closer towards him and kissed me passionately. Our tongues wrestling in each others mouths. I didn't pull away. To be honest with you right now, I really enjoyed it. I realized that I felt the exact same as he did.
We broke away from the kiss a few minutes later to catch our breathe and just stood there smiling at each other in each others arms.