Marc Bartra

The sight of the scar running along your stomach had always disgusted you. You had never really been able to look at it for too long. You had gotten the scar when you were little in a car accident. The scar had never gone away.
Standing in front of the mirror, you had lifted your shirt slightly in order to see the scar. Looking at it always reminded you of the terrible accident. You quickly turned away from the sight. This scar had caused you so many problems in life. You had never been comfortable showing your midriff for fear that people would judge the scar.

You felt startled when you felt a hand touch where your scar was located on your stomach. You quickly looked into the mirror to see that Marc was standing behind you. You quickly push his hand away from your stomach, pull your shirt down, and then turn around to face him.

"When did you get home?" You walked past him and took a seat on the bed. He followed you to the bed and sighed. "Just a few minutes ago. Stop evading it." You looked at him and pretended not to know what he was talking about. "Evading what. I'm not evading anything."

The look he gave you told you that he didn't buy it. "You know what I'm talking about; that scar." You flinched when he mentioned it. "See that's what I mean. You can't even stand to hear any mention about it."

You pouted at him. "It's ugly. I just don't want it anymore." He leaned into you and kissed you on your forehead. "It's a part of who you are. It is your battle scar. The scar proves that you are a survivor. It's not ugly, It's my favorite thing about you. It proves that you are a strong woman." In order to emphasize his point he slid down until he was on the floor in front of you and lifted your shirt up until he could see the scar fully.

Your first instinct was to pull away and quickly push your shirt down but Marc's hand covering your prevented you from doing so. He leaned down and placed a few kisses from the beginning of your scar to the end of it. When he was finally finished, he moved back to sit next to you on the bed.
He pulled you close to him and placed another kiss on your forehead. "You will always be beautiful to me, even with your scar." His words caused tears to form in your eyes, happy tears. You turned to place your head in the crook of his neck. "Thank you."
His words meant a lot to you. You might still not like that scar but his words made it feel like less of a burden. With him, you felt like it was less of an insecurity for you.