Calum Chambers - His Helper

The rain was hammering down as you jogged up the driveway and were quick to slide your key into lock, pushing the door open and stepping inside and allowing it to slam shut behind you. The house was quiet and you could hear the murmuring from the TV and decided to follow the sound.

"I'm home." You announce as you step into the living room, shrugging of your coat and hanging it over the back of the sofa. "It is so cold out there and the rain doesn't look as if it's letting up." You explain to him as he kept his eyes focused on his game of FIFA. "Oh, I managed to get the weekend off, so we can spend some time together."

A scoff fell from his lips. "What are we going to do? Go for a walk?" There was a scorn filled look in his usually happy eyes, he continued with a voice that was laced with sarcasm. "Oh, I forget my leg is broken and I can't do anything." Then rolled his eyes, you could feel anger bubbling in your chest. "You should just go to work, it would be better than spending time with me."

It had been heartbreaking when Calum had first broken his leg, you remembered flying straight out to London to find him in hospital. The doctor had explained to you everything that he would have to go through and you remembered him mentioning there would be a time when Calum would probably be in a bit of a slump.

He was being forced to set away from the job that he loved doing so much, being injured made it hard for him to see his friends and teammates regularly. It made you upset to watch him being put through this situation but there was no need to him to take it out on you because he was feeling bad.

Sighing softly you moved around the sofa and sat by his side, he paused his game and threw the controller to his side. Reaching over you brushed your fingers through his hair, forcing him to turn and look at you with a sad look plastered across his face. "I know that you're missing playing football... and you must be so fed up with having to sit around, but please don't push me away."

Calum stared at you for a moment before leaning forward and pressing a soft kiss to your lips. "I'm sorry." He replied. "You're right, I am fed up with having to sit around. It's not fair." He growled. "I feel as if I was just finding my form and now... now I have a broken leg, who knows if I'll make it back into the first team."

A look of concern crossed your face as you replied in a sweet tone. "Don't say that. I know you will, Calum." You stroke his blond locks again, it was a worry that seemed to plague your mind too but you pushed those thoughts aside knowing that your boyfriend just needed your support. "You are strong and committed. I know that you're come back better than ever."

He turned his gaze on your then and said in a lowered tone. "Thank you for saying that." You weren't sure if he believed your words, but you knew that it was something that he just needed to hear, even if it was just from his girlfriend. "I'm sorry I've been so stroppy... you don't deserve that."

Leaning forward you placed a soothing kiss on his lips before pulling away and replying in a soft tone. "I don't mind you being stroppy." You giggle as you run your fingers through his hair once again and continued. "I think you're allowed to be every now and then." You winked before standing up and wandering over to the TV.

Picking up the second controller you smirked before turning back to him. "Now, I think that you owe me a game..." He cocks an eye brow as you before you went and sat down beside him once again and the two of you began to go through the teams trying to pick one before you felt him lean over and kiss a warm kiss to your cheek.

Calum still wouldn't recover for a while yet, but you knew as long as you stuck by his side, gave him a distraction, allow him to vent his feelings and were just there to support him it might make it a little easier for him to cope with not being able to play.