Bastian Schweinsteiger // Surprise

For Madeline
your name ryhmes with mabeline ;0 that wasn't necessary..

I woke up to the sound of my phone vibrating on my bedside table next to be. Propping myself up slowly from the bed by taking a pillow from beside me and placing it behind my back, I sat up, coming to realisation that I was awake. As I sat up I brought both of my hands up to my face and began rubbing my eyes, causing my vision to go a tad blurry for a few moments until finally my vision was back to how it should be.

Reaching my hand out to the right I took my phone in my hand once I unplugged it from the charger. Swiping my finger across the screen, I unlocked it finding that I had one new message. So I opened it up finding that it was from my best friend Sophie:

Happy birthday Madeline! I'll be round soon to bring your presents round and help you prepare for tonight. Don't worry; we'll make this a birthday to remember xx

I sighed at the words Sophie had put in that text. This birthday is definitely not going to be as good as any of my previous ones. The fact being that my boyfriend, Bastian will not be able to make it due to the fact that he's had to fly out to England. Leaving me here in Spain alone. I'm not mad or anything, no way. But if it was any other day of the year I wouldn't be as upset about it all, it's just the fact that it's my birthday that I'm a little upset over all of this. The one day I've been looking forward to all year round and he can't be here. It's even been getting to the point where I don't even want a party tonight, in all honesty I would much rather just stay in bed all day watching a few films. But no, neither Sophie nor Jess will allow me to do this so I guess I'm just going to have to go along with this whole party thing, no matter how much I don't want it to happen.
After I had my little depression stage of the fact that Bastian can't make it, I replied to Sophie's text. Telling her that she can come shopping with me for a brand new outfit for the party tonight. I also added on the end of the text that I wasn't all that excited for it due to this whole Bastian situation, in hope that maybe that convince her to come with me that little more. I mean it's always nice to have your best friend by your side when you're shopping isn't it? Someone to tell you if what you have brought is nice enough.

It couldn't have been any more than five minutes later when Sophie replied, telling me that she'll be over in roughly ten minutes for us to both go shopping. So I just simply replied agreeing with her.
As soon as I had replied to her text I shot out of bed and made my way over to the mirror where I sat down in front of it. I took the hair band out of my hair which was holding my bun up in my hair and placed it down beside me. Taking my hair brush in my hand I guided it through my hair, making sure that I get rid of every single knot and tangle from my hair which had formed in my sleep. Once all the tangles and knots were out my hair I placed the hair brush back down on the floor below me before taking my hair band back into my hand and quickly put my hair up in a bun.

I didn't see the point in wearing any make up so I just left it, I mean I'm only just going shopping for a while. So with that I stood up and made my way over to my wardrobe. Once I got over to my wardrobe I grabbed a pair of denim shorts and a short sleeved top, placing them on my bed. I moved to the side a little, taking out a fresh pair of underwear, as well as placing that on the bed beside me.
Standing in front of the bed, I removed the clothes I had worn for bed, throwing them into my wash bin by the door. Taking my underwear in my hand I put them on before slipping my shorts and top on.
It was at that moment when I heard my front door open. "Madeline, it's me." I heard Sophie shout through my house as she began making her way up the stairs. She soon entered the bedroom with her arms open wide with a bag in her hands. I welcomed her with a hug which she returned. "Happy birthday!" She smiled once the hug was broken. "Here, these are for you." She finished, handing me the bag she had in her hand.
I sat on the bed with the bag in between my legs as Sophie came and sat down beside me. "Thank you." I smiled as I began opening the presents she had brought with her. In the first present I discovered that she had brought me two bottles of my favourite Rose wine, red. A huge smile covered my face as I examined the two bottles, well this definitely saves me from having to buy any alcohol for tonight, I thought to myself. In the second present I found a framed picture of both Sophie and I from about two years ago when we went on out first girl's holiday, to Ibiza. And in the final present there was a box so I opened it up. Inside the box I came across a pair of new earrings.