Neymar Jr // Untitled

For Erin

The first thing you noticed when you opened your eyes was he whiteness that surrounded you in the room. The walls were white. Your bed sheets were white. You quickly thought that so much white could cause a person to go stark mad. It didn't take a genius to figure out that you were in a hospital.

You shifted your head to the left side of the bed. There in the bassinet that was placed next to the bed was a tiny little baby. The baby was at the moment sleeping. The sound of breathing suddenly became louder than it had first seemed. You could simply stare in awe at the baby that simply hours ago you had given birth to. Seeing the baby made all the pain of the labor worth it.

The sound of the hospital room door opening forced you to tear your eyes away from the baby to acknowledge who it was that walked into the room. You saw your husband walk into the room. He walked straight to where the bassinet was. He leaned down and placed a small kiss to the sleeping baby. The baby slightly twitched when she was disturbed from her sleep. She soon however went back to breathing steady signifying that she was once again in dreamland. It was then that Neymar turned around to face. He walked over to where you were sitting in the hospital bed. Leaning down he placed a kiss on the crown of your head. "How do you feel?"

"I feel okay, considering that I just gave birth." He smiled and took a seat on the chair that had been placed next to your bed. He grabbed you hand and slightly squeezed it. It was then that you noticed the purple bruise that was covering much of his hand. You could vaguely remember squeezing his hand when the labor pains had become too painful to bear. You brought his hand up towards you face for closer inspection. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to squeeze your hand too hard." He simply brushed off your apology. "The pain was completely worth it when I first heard her cry." You knew exactly what he meant. All pain was worth it for your daughter.

"Can you believe that we did it? We finally have a family of our own." His words brought tears to your eyes. When the two of you had first gotten married you had both been ready to start your family. At first conceiving had been difficult. This baby was your miracle baby. When he saw the tears in your eyes, Neymar used his thumb to wipe away the tears. "Don't cry, this is supposed to be a happy day." You smiled. You were really happy.

"She's perfect, isn't she?" At the mention of your daughter, the smile on his face portrayed how proud he was to be her father. "Yeah, she's just like her mother." You could feel the blush forming on your face. You slightly leaned closer to him and lightly smacked him in the arm. "Don't flatter me." He chuckled at your reaction. "I'm not flattering you, I'm simply being honest."

You laughed. "I also have something important to tell you." This made you serious. The look on his face gave away that whatever it was that he was going to say was really important. "What is it?" He cleared his throat. "I want you to know how thankful I am for you. I am thankful that you chose me to spend the rest of your life with. I'm thankful that you always stay by my side. I am most of all thankful for this wonderful present that you have given me. I hope that I can be the best father and husband to you and to our little girl." By the end of his little speech you were so close to tears. Damn hormones. Even if your pregnancy was over, it would take a while for your hormones to go back to normal.

You leaned closer to where Neymar was. "I'm so glad that I have you in my life. You already are the best husband that I could ask for. I know that you'll be the best father as well. I love you." When you finished talking you placed a small kiss on his lips. "Now, can you bring our daughter over here so I could hold her?"