Marco Reus - The Journey Of Pregnancy

3 Months Pregnant

Sitting at home with college work piling up was not how I imagined I would be spending my life at Twenty years of age. Why wasn't I at work you may ask? I'm currently 3 months pregnant. I decided that I didn't want to have to deal with my teachers' judgemental stares and general nosiness. My boyfriend Marco, also the Father of the baby, wasn't around a lot as he plays for Borussia Dortumnd but he would make it to every scan and spend time with me when he could.
I sighed, having a baby was never present in my plans. I wanted to become a fashion designer, I had always loved clothes and designing things. My parents agreed with my choice of career and very much backed me up on it. But ever since I discovered I was pregnant those dreams had gone down the drain. I was snapped out of my thoughts when I heard my bedroom door open, causing me to look up from my ever growing pile of school work.
Marco stood at the door, still in his BVB training kit. His hair was a mess and he looked exhausted but he was still here. A grin spread across my face as he walked over to my bed and sat down next to me. He kissed my nose, like he always did, knowing it would make me scrunch up my nose which he found 'adorable'.
"Hello baby, and my other baby." He said to me before leaning down to kiss my stomach.
"Hi Marco." I giggled, planting a small kiss on his cheek.
"I'm sorry that it's so late. I can stay the night though?" Marco offered apologetically. I knew Marco felt bad that he couldn't be there for me and the baby 24/7 but I knew he was trying his hardest.
"I'd love that."
-

5 Months Pregnant

"I look like a whale." I whined, making Marco chuckle. I had outgrown every single piece of normal clothing I owned and was now stuck wearing maternity clothes. Marco found the situation humorous, as every time I outgrew another piece of normal clothing I would call him up either in tears or in full frontal ranting mode.
"It's all in your head Sophia" He assured me, kissing my temple softly in attempt to calm me down.
"It's not! I look absolutely repulsive." I insisted, feeling the tears well up in my eyes. Marco saw the tears and instantly wrapped his arm around me, pulling me in for a side hug.
"Baby you still look absolutely gorgeous, I promise. The bump just shows that you're going to bring incredible new life into the world, our baby." Marco said, rocking me from side to side. I sighed sadly, knowing Marco was correct. But I just wanted to feel beautiful, like I did when I wasn't pregnant. I wanted people look at me because I was pretty, not just because I was a teenage mother-to-be, or get complimented on how I looked, not just on how big the baby bump was getting.
"Do you promise you won't fall out of love with me because I'm getting big?" I said to Marco, dead serious. I constantly worried that Marco would no longer find me attractive and run off with another girl, one who wasn't pregnant. I knew these thoughts were ludicrous but my paranoia was getting the best of me once again.
"You think I'd stop loving you because the bump is getting bigger? Y/N, it makes me love you even more. You've sacrificed so much so we can have this baby together. You're going through so much so at the end of it we'll have a baby to call our own. I could never not love you." Marco reassured me, placing a kiss on my lips. He always knew what to say.
-

6 Months Pregnant

"How the hell would you know? You're never here!" I yelled at Marco. We were currently fighting over him missing a scan. It wasn't just any scan; it was the scan that we were supposed to find out the details of the baby on. I was so mad at him, out of all the scans he could've missed he had to miss that one.
"One scan and I'm never here?!" He yelled back. Marco rarely lost his temper but he had now and I didn't like it.
"You're always off playing fucking football!" I yelled back. It was true, Marco's football seemed to take priority over everything and everyone.

"It's my dream! I thought you supported me!"
"What about my dream, huh? I had plans Marco, and then this baby came along! You said we should keep it, that you'd be here for everything! Bullshit!" I shrieked. The look of anger subsided in Marco's eyes and we both let the silence take over. I willed at him to break the eye contact, he did. With no other words he walked out of my room, stomping down the stairs. I heard my parents attempting to talk to him but it was no use; a moment later I heard gravel crunching and a car starting.
I threw my head into my pillow and sobbed. Why did he leave? Was I ever going to see him again? Were we over? My Mum came into my room and sat down on the bed, rubbing my back in an act of comfort. I couldn't stop crying. I needed Marco, I knew he was trying.
-

7 Months Pregnant

Marco and I made up a week after the fight. He came over with my favourite flowers and asked me to forgive him. He promised he'd be there more and I accepted his apology. He also made a point of apologising to my parents for his rudeness as he left; I knew my parents appreciated the apology and he was no back in their good books.
At the present we were sorting out the babies room. We had discovered we were having a boy so naturally we made the room a boy's room. Marco insisted on doing the heavy work, like fixing the furniture together, while I focused on less strenuous jobs like painting. Marco came over every day after his training, even if it was just for an hour or so, to spend time with me or help prepare stuff for the baby. My best friend was throwing me a baby shower and we were obviously excited to see the gifts the baby was going to receive. We had been baby shopping too, stocking up on nappies and buying baby clothes. Marco insisted on a baby version of the Borussia Dortmund kit. When he brought it home I rolled my eyes but he just laughed.
--
9 Months Pregnant

I was late. 5 days to be exact. I was not happy. I was constantly snapping at Marco and taking my anger and frustration out on him. He kept his cool throughout it all, simply rubbing my back and kissing my stomach to calm me down. We were watching a movie on the sofa right now and after 10 minutes of wriggling around trying to find the most comfortable position I was settled. I had my head in Marco's lap and he was playing with the ends of my hair.
I felt a sudden pain and water seeped down my legs.

"Marco! The baby is coming." I said, now terrified. He look at me in horror for a second before composing himself and helping me up.
"Where's the baby bag? Where's my keys? Where are your parents?" He questioned rapidly.
"Babe calm down. My parents are out but I'll call them and they can meet us there. The baby bag is in your car and the keys are on the table." I had no idea how I had suddenly become so calm.
Marco helped me out the door and drove as fast as the speed limit would permit to the hospital.
--
We had done it. We had our baby boy. We had decided to call him Edwin. Marco sat by my bed as I held Edwin close.
"We did it. We have our baby." I said, tears welling up.
"I love you both, so so much." Marco replied, also choking back tears.