23. The Nymphomaniac Attacks Again

I was lying with her, on her bed while she rested by my side with me. I played with her petite fingers while her half body rested on mine.

"Billy, there's something I need to tell you." Her accent always managed to melt me. I looked at her, her eyes, those eyes they talk. I smiled and got up.

"What is it?"

She too sat up and rested her head on my shoulder, "Billy, this is the first-ever relationship I have. I don't want to hide anything from you; I don't ever want to break your trust, Billy." She looked up at me, into my eyes. I felt like her eyes started playing with my mind.

She is talking about trust and what am I doing to her? I didn't tell her anything about Cruz, the drug racket, about Josh and my involvement. I kept looking in her eyes while her lips kept talking that I couldn't hear anymore. Everything went mute, just her eyes piercing through my soul.

Trust, Trust, trust!

You are breaking her trust, Billy! Either you tell her or leave her, right now! My conscience yelled at me.

"Josh works for the drug baron, Rose!"

And a silent spread the airs. She went mute.

After a couple of seconds, she spoke...

"What?" She looked confused.

Then I explained everything to her. Cruz, Josh, and everything and I don't know if I did the right thing or not but I felt relieved now that I had told her everything.

"What will you do now?"

"Save my friend, fix everything and get my old life back," I spoke and confidence was visible in my voice. I was determined to fix all that posed a threat to me, my life, my friend's life.

"Where are you going?" She asked as I started to leave.

"To fix everything..." I smiled at her and left.

I got out of her house and for the first time I knew my next step, I wasn't clueless anymore. I looked back once and saw Rose standing in her window. I smiled at her and walked away.

I walked to get my old life back if only I knew what the future had in store for me; I wouldn't have done what I did.

Minutes later

"I looked for you everywhere..." I was panting, breathing heavy. I stood there in the teacher's lounge while I saw her putting her stuff in a cardboard box. Was she leaving?

"Why?" Cruz looked and sounded less interested. Well, I found it better than getting attacked; my bruised face was the reason.

"Are you leaving?" I tried to catch my breath.

"Yes..." She didn't look at me, just kept putting her stuff in her box.

"I'm ready! I'll get you what you want..." I spoke in a low voice, not wanting to attract other teachers, present in the lounge but making sure that I was audible to her. She finally looked at me, her hands stopped.

"I... I want to help you."

She crossed her hands on her chest, making me nervous again. This lady intimidates me.

"And why? Why do you want to help me now?"

"I want my old life back, Cruz. I want my friend back." I sounded desperate, maybe because I was. I desperately wanted to help Josh; I wanted to put an end to all this, turmoil.

"But I can't help you now, I'm sorry." With a monotone expression, she spoke and left the lounge, holding her box in her hand. I remained standing there; shocked to hear her while my heart had already sunk at the bottom of my chest.

I quickly followed her with quick steps.

"What do you mean? Cruz, I'll do whatever you want. Please, help me!" I pleaded while I kept walking with her, trying to match her pace.

"I cannot do anything, Billy!" She started sounding a bit annoyed by my presence and insistence but even her annoyance over my presence didn't make her stop, she kept walking. I then blocked her way by jumping in front of her, eventually making her stop.

"Listen to me at least!" I was no less pissed by the entire situation.

"I'm off this case, Billy!" She finally spoke. "I cannot do anything. Listen, kid, I'm sorry for what happened but now, I cannot help you anymore!"

I felt my heartbreaking, I started feeling helpless. I saw her walking past me, leaving me in the jolted state.

I remained there while she had left.

"What am I going to do now?" I asked myself. Only Cruz can help me. I turned and again went behind her though she had managed to escape my sight. I got out and saw her getting into parking.

"Cruz, I beg, please, help me!" I pleaded one more time before she could get into the car while standing between her car and her.

"Billy, do you think all this is a joke?" She now sounded pissed. Okay, this is the part that I abhor.

"One last chance, please!" I clutched my palms together, like a kid at prayer.

She rolled her eyes and took a frustrated sigh.

"Hold this!" She handed me the box full of her stuff and the moment she handed me the box, my eyes nearly popped out of my head. This is heavy; how the fuck she carried it till here? Then she pushed me aside and took the driver's seat while I stood there like an idiot, holding that heavy cardboard box.

"Now c'mon, get in!"

On her call, I quickly got to the other side of the car and sat while still holding that big box. She rolled her eyes.

"What did I do now?"

She then grabbed the box and threw it on the back seat, making me jump by the sudden commotion.

"Now, tell me!" She spoke while turning the key and bringing the engine to life.

"I... Josh... I want to get him out of this mess." I spoke and I knew I was a bit perturbed, my hands were not steady but a little courage and all this will end. Then me, mom, school and Rose, like before.

"But... okay, let me think. Where is Josh right now?"

"School?!"

"No, I saw him leaving." She talked while driving carefully.

"So, here's the deal. As per my sources, he received the package in school today and he will be handing it to the distributor in the evening. So, it means, he has the package with him right now."

"I thought you said you are off this case?" I spoke and she pushed the breaks real hard, making me jerk ahead with full force and hit my head on the dashboard.

"Oww! You mad?" I got up, rubbing my head. It hurts! But I raised an eyebrow when I saw her with her eternal smirk plastered on her face.

Then I quickly looked around, it was the same stranded place where she first attacked me. I quickly slid back in horror but sound of doors locking only scared me more.

"Cruz, please, no!" I could only pray to her and to god now!

Hey, readers, yes, another update without you people having to wait! Don't I deserve something for it?

"Yes, a kick to your ass." Crowd hollers.

Umm... I think I'll leave. *Nervously grins*