Something's Fishy

I was fuming and this time I clutched my backpack closer to my chest. She was driving but I couldn't take chances. I just hate her.

"Are you a cop?" I muttered as she drove but on my question, she pushed breaks again making me jerk ahead with force. She does that intentionally. I quickly shrunk away when she turned towards me. I didn't want to get attacked again, I clutched my bag tighter.

I saw her lighting a cigarette, was she out of her mind? The windows were closed and I was with her, the smoke could kill me. I started coughing but I was shocked when I heard her laughing.

"Listen, Billy Boy. Refrain from asking questions when you're around me. Just do as I say and this ride will be smoother for you."

By the time she finished, I was coughing badly. I was choking.

"I... I'm sorry please. I'll die." she laughed at my helplessness and at that time I felt extremely repulsed by her. She unlocked the doors and I quickly got out but the moment I got out, I collapsed on my knees and coughed badly. A water bottle was forwarded to me by a hand, I looked up to see her demonic face. She had no qualms or regrets on her face for making me suffer like this. She handed me the bottle and went to her side of the car. I just chugged down the water in large gulps but was interrupted by her shout

"Get inside, we don't have time."

I just rolled my eyes and sat inside.

"Drop me at Rose's... Please !" This time I was careful enough to add respect and save myself for another assault. I was surprised when she unlocked the doors though I didn't look at her, just got out and ran to the other side of the road.

I was feeling so relieved to get away from the devil and the other reason of my relief was Rose, my Rose. I stood on the counter, she wasn't anywhere. I leaned on the counter to have a good glance at the store. I didn't realize that I was leaning on the counter table with all my weight on the poor thing, was I heavy as it started making cracking sounds and before I could get up and remove myself the counter collapsed with me on it.

"QUÉ HICISTE??" (What did you do?) A feminine voice shouted making me look up while still lying face first on the shattered white counter and that sight was the most beautiful sight ever. My Spanish goddess was standing there with a furious face, shouting on me but I wasn't able to hear anything. Everything was just like a movie, her moving lips, her beautiful hair, her eyes... I just kept looking at her while smiling like an idiot. It was just like one of my dreams I have about her. Everything was slow and beautiful, she was the most beautiful girl I have ever seen or may be the only. I was deeply lost when I came back to reality when I saw her coming towards me. She slowly bent down and pulled me up by my backpack, I was lifted up just like a little puppy.

"QUÉ HICISTE??" She again shouted on my face.

"I'm fine thanks!" She rolled her eyes as I spoke while dusting off my clothes.

"Why are you here?" She looked annoyed, who cares? I was already famished by her accent.

"I... zoe sent me, I'm your new helper for the shack!" I widely grinned at her, flaunting my dimples. However, she didn't look happy instead just rolled her eyes again.

"I asked for a guy to help me out at shack not a kid to take down my shack, sorry Billy, cannot hire you!" She turned her back towards e and started picking up stuff that I dropped, accidentally of course.

"Why?" My heart instantly broke on hearing her words.

"Its hardly been a minute and you jave already wrecked my $200 teakwood counter, I can't afford you!" She threw me a slighting smile.

"Rose, please. Give me one chance at least." I literally begged her making her look at me. She looked into my pleading eyes and for that one time I was actually serious about the job. She gave in.

"Listen to me very carefully. You just clean all this mess and clean the entire store. Remember, you break something else and I fire you. You got that?" She firmly stated  and I just nodded with a smile. She was actually ready to give me a chance. She left after instructing me.

I wanted to start with the broken table but the dirty fish tank took my attention. I scrunched my nose to see such dirty fish tank.

"How are these fishes are going to live in such disgusting place." I talked to myself but then realized that fishes were actually looking at me. I wonder what they must be thinking when I'm going to clean their pretty home?

Fish' POV 

"Isn't he the same demon kid that broke our tank last time he came here!"

"Just swim away from him, don't look at him. He's nothing but a troublemaker!"

"Swim away, save yourselves! Where are you Rose? Save us!"

End of POV 

"I will take you all out in these plastic bags and then I'll put you back after I clean your tank." I sweetly talked to the fishes.

"Now, where's water?" I ooked around and smiled to see transparent bottles of water.

I quickly filled plastic bags with water and carefully dropped the fishes in the plastic bags. I was happy with my own work, I cleaned the fish tank. Then one by one dropped back the fishes in the tank but my brows furrowed when I saw fishes floating on the water surface.

"Fishy?" I knocked on the glass but saw no activity in any fish. Were they playing with me, if they were, I wasn't game?

"Are you done?" Rose' voice made me jump. I quickly turn around stood in front of the tank to hide the sleeping fishes. They couldn't die, not when I was around them.

"I... I... " I stuttered seeing her.

"You didn't clean it?" She shouted looking at the broken counter. I nervously grinned at her making her raise an eyebrow.

"You did something yet again!" She pointed her finger at me and I just broaden my chest to cover the fish tank, no, she mustn't know.

"My fishes?" She suspiciously loomed into my eyes. I nervously bit my lips while my eyes pleaded guilty. Someone claw my goddamn eyes, they speak, they bloody speak.

"Move, Billy!" She growled but I kept standing there like a wall while pleading silently with my eyes.

"Rose... I... I didn't..." I couldn't even complete and she just pushed me away.

My heart skipped a beat when I saw her shock struck face. She just stood there, cupping her cheeks with her palms. She didn't move, just stood and looked at the sleeping fishes with jaws dropped.

"Rose... I ... I was just cleaning the tank. I just... " I trailed off and gulped when she turned towards me with a face throwing fire.

"It wasn't my fault, Rose!" I think I was seconds away from wetting my pants when she slowly stepped towards me.

"I was careful!" I again squeaked.

"GET. OUT. OF. HERE!" She yelled at me while pointing at the door.

"Give me one chance, Rose." I begged but I just ran out when I saw her taking off taking off her shoe.

My feets were heavy, it was dark when finally I reached my home. I entered with a long face. I placed Rose' shoe on the dining table and sat down sadly on my seat.

"Why sho shad?" someone cooed.

This voice? I instantly looked up with shock and my heart like stopped beating to see her seating across the table, smirking at me, Cruz.

Woah, Cruz in Billy's house? Why? How?

Read, Comment and Vote!