The Ultimate Wrecker!

“I have checked all the cartons. Accidentally I brought some bad fishes but I have crossed them red. I have called a few more people but it will take time for them to reach here. Till then you get these blue cartons to the kitchen from the backdoor and not the red crossed one…”

Rose talked and talked but what did she talk about? I don’t know. I just watched her, her lips, her ocean eyes, her hand gestures, please someone tell me I’m not dreaming. I smiled mentally.

I see you in the lonely place

Background music started playing I don’t know how and from where and I wasn’t surprised a bit.

How can you be so blind…

And she threw the clipboard in air in really slow motion, surprising me slightly. Then she let her hair loose and let them fall on her back. Her seducing smile and john Green’s song in the background, summed up to the best dream ever.

Oh darling, I seen you go through the changes

She walked closer to me, moving her waist side to side with the song verses. I again smiled to her, blushed to see her dancing for me.

“Got it?” I heard her saying.

I was dragged out of my day-dreaming with that.

“What?” I spoke out subconsciously.

“What?” She asked as I saw her getting on the phone.

Did I just miss the instructions? What was she saying? I mentally panicked but tried remaining calm on the outside.

“Nothing?!” I nervously grinned at her. Okay, I missed all the instructions. I looked at the boxes, what I’m I supposed to do with them. I can’t ask her to explain one more time; she would think I didn’t listen to her, which was true by the way. Ugh! I’m just one stupid lad; I mentally groaned and cursed myself.

Okay, here lie a lot of boxes, boxes of fishes, boxes of crabs; red crossed must have… who cares? All these things belong to kitchen. Yet again the ingenious Sherlock cracks another secret, I thought and smiled victorious to myself.

I saw Rose looking at me with confused expressions; I quickly averted my gaze and bent down to pick up the box but the moment picked up one carton and my eyes nearly popped out of my head. Dead fishes are heavy. I placed all the boxes in the kitchen. Okay, now this is tiring but I didn’t stop until I placed all the boxes in the kitchen. This was my only chance to prove my worth to her.

“You done with the boxes?” She asked me as I saw her putting down a crate of bears. Okay, she may look fragile but surely is one strong girl but that crate looked heavy.

The sweet voice of her made me stop and look at her with the same idiotic smile as I got out of the kitchen after putting the last carton in the box, though I didn’t forget to nod in reply to her question.

“I… Billy I need you to… I don’t know how to say this but… How old are you Billy?” She hesitatingly spoke while biting her lips.

“She is going to propose me!” I mentally screamed. I can’t believe this is happening; she is going to propose me.

“16 and I know you are 3 years older than me but trust me, I can  take care of you better than any grown up guy out there and believe me I’ll love you…”

I was soon cut off by her. “Hold on. Hold on.”

I saw a surpassing level of shock on Rose’s face.

“What? Weren’t you going to propose me?” I asked and then I saw her face-palming herself. What did I do now?

“I was going to ask you to serve alcohol.”