31. I ain't your son

Days started passing, I stopped looking at calendars. I did not look at watches anymore. I started enjoying my new life, my new rich life, my brother and his company without keeping a record of times. I don't know how many days have passed?

"Billy, can I talk to you please?" I did not look at Mrs. Brittany, though she sounded worried. I just lied on my bed, looking at ceiling with no expressions or emotions on my face. I ignored her presence totally.

I don't know how much time I spent in that house but she failed to take mama's place.

I knew Mrs. Brittany could see the paleness on my face worsening. The bags under my eyes, I had gone thinner than before. Brittany could see something was quite not right.

"What Mrs. Brittany?" I finally looked at her while getting into sitting position. Any other place, any other life, any other situation would have definitely made me call her mom but this life, there was no chance.

"Are you alright?" She asked, sounding worried but do I care, I don't think so.

"What do you think?" I patronizingly looked at her.

"You brought me here, you did not let me go to my old school, and you didn't let me meet my friends... Yes, I'm happy, Mrs. Brittany." I smiled mockingly and left, leaving her shocked with my behavior.

Minutes later

"Hey Ben, I'm out of tablets. Can you get me some?"

I groggily asked as I rummaged through my drawers. I felt my throat going dry, my hands shook like anything.

"Please, Ben, I... I need them." I turned towards Ben, sounding desperate.

Ben laughed as remained seated on the couch, "Dude, easy on that stuff! It isn't easily available. What happened to the last batch I got you?"

"I'm out, I told you!" I frustratingly swept my hand through my hair.

Ben did not look that happy after that, he rolled his eyes and got up from his spot.

"I'll try but not today. Dad cracked yet another deal, so we are having another party tonight."

But before he could leave the room, I don't know what took over me. I just grabbed him by collar of his shirt and slammed him against the wall. He looked shocked and scared while I was not even in my senses, I just felt frustrated.

"I need the tablets, Ben!" I growled and saw him gulping. I could see the scare in his eyes.

"You get me?!" I again growled, making him jump and nod quickly. I menacingly smiled at him and left his collar.

I knew I was a changed man now. I don't know where Rose is, I haven't seen her in ages, I never heard from mama after I left home and neither did Josh try meeting me. I left a life behind and now this was my life.

Ben looked shocked at the monster he created himself.

The same night

My left leg shook violently while I stood holding a glass of wine, yes, I had developed a taste for alcohol and the surprising fact was that no one here cared. Though I needed the tablets badly, Ben said he would get me the tablets before the party but I did not see them since evening. He will have it in his face. I continuously gulped down three glasses and just looked at the white collar party. I smiled at the pretty faces and rolled eyes most of the time as the party was just boring.

Mrs. Brittany attended the guests while I just stood in a corner, quiet, trying my best to avoid any attention. And then...

I saw her and I almost froze.

She walked in through the big door, mama. Was I dreaming? Was she here for real? I saw Brittany greeting mama with a wide smile, did she call her here? My face went pale, I was drunk and I did not know how to react.

And when I was still trying to believe my eyes, I saw Brittany escorting mama towards me.

What was she doing? I'm drunk; mama would get mad at me. I quickly walked away and went for the stairs.

But then...

"Billy Hudson, wait right there!"

That voice, that dictating stern voice made me stop on my trail. I hate the effect that she has on me. I stopped and slowly turned around. There she was, mama... wait, no. She was not my mama. She gave up on me, I begged but she sent me away. And suddenly, I just turned around and climbed stairs. I won't get out of my room till she is here.

"Billy, stop!"

I heard her calling but I did not stop.

"Billy, I'm sorry, son! Please listen to me!"

And with that apology, I lost my cool. I turned around and looked at her. She was on the stairs and I was 5 stairs away from her.

"You are sorry?" I had doubt and anger in my voice.

"Listen to me, son." She sounded desperate but the word 'son' burnt me from within.

"I ain't your son, Mrs. Hudson!" I shouted at her, making all heads at the party turn towards us. Who would want to miss some family drama, right?

"Watch you tone young man!" Mama's voice, it still raised the hair at the back of my neck. I was still intimidated by her but that did not stop me from yelling back.

"I won't!"

I instantly regretted as she just climbed the remaining 5 stairs and slapped me hard, to my bad luck I was so drunk that I just lost balance and rolled down the stairs like a beer barrel.

After I came tumbling down the last stair, all could hear was faint screams and then finally my vision went blur before darkness took over that blurred vision.

When you do not upload you book on time, you lose readers. I know it, I understand it and still I uploaded because I felt like writing today.

Comment and vote if you feel like, otherwise reading would be a great favour.