simple graphic tut : broken

Here are the steps for a random edit I made.

Step 1: Go to Pixlr and create a new canvas of dimensions 500 x 500.

Step 2: Go tot he Paint Bucket and fill the background with black.

Step 3: Go to the text box and type out your text. For the word 'Broken', I used the font Bebas. Once you write out the word 'Broken' and make it to the desired size, then rasterize the layer. (Right click - Rasterize Layer).

Step 4: Go to the Marquee tool (the one which looks like a dotted square). Then, select the upper half of the word 'Broken'. Once you select it, you will notice moving dashed lines surrounding the selected area. 

Step 5: Now, go to the Move tool (the one which looks like a black cursor), and move the selected portion of the text upwards. Be careful while you do this and make sure that the upper half is aligned with the lower half, and make sure you're happy with the result; you won't be able to make any changes later. 

Step 6: Now, go to the text box again, and using the font Times New Roman and the colour white, type out - " c a n  y o u  f i x  m e ? " and italicize it. Place it in between the gap of the 'Broken' text layer. Make the font very small, so that it fits. (I made it 19).

Step 7: Go to the text box again, and now create a new text layer and type out 'Baby I'm' in white. The font I used is Code Light. 

Step 8: Click on the external link, and open the grain texture. If you have trouble accessing the external link, then just Google 'grainy texture tumblr' and use anything from there. Any grain texture will work.

Step 9: Open the grain texture as a layer. Resize if needed and make sure it covers the entire canvas. Once that's done, go to Toggle Layer Settings in the layer box (that tiny button in the extreme bottom left), and set the blend mode to Difference. 

Step 10: Save it! :D 

Hope this helped! If you guys want to request a tutorial, comment below! Need any help? Have any questions? Just ask away! :)

Also, if you guys tried making this graphic, then why don't you post the link in the comments so that I can check it out? ;)