texture tut one : pink splash

This tutorial was requested by  noody_kittin and Kavya_G

I will be teaching you how to make the texture on top! :)

Step 1:

Open a plain canvas and set the dimensions to whatever you want, I used 512 x 800.

Step 2:

Fill in the background with a dark pink hue. I used the colour code #bd4d7a. Then, go to the Shape Tool, uncheck the 'Fill Shape' option, and create a border with colour code #b8074e and Border Size 6.

Step 3:

Now, go to Filter - Scanlines, and set the Scanline amount to 9. You will now see soft vertical lines on your canvas. 

Step 4:

In the resource pack I've made for you (which you can get by clicking the external link), there is a paint splash png. Save it, and open it in Pixlr (separately, not as a layer). Resize it. Then, go to Edit - Define Brush. Now, if you look at the brush toolbar, you'll see that this splatter which you've defined as a brush is included there. Select that brush, make a new layer, change the brush size and make it small (you can do this by changing the Diameter option at the bottom of the brush toolbox) and make the brush colour white, and make a splatter on the canvas by just pressing the brush on it once, gently.

(I hope you guys understood what I meant in the above instruction)

Step 5:

Create one more layer, and change the brush colour to a light pink and make a splatter again. Free transform it and bring it to a different angle if you want. 

Step 6:

Next, open up the next brush - the yin yang one- and follow the steps in Step 4. Once you make it, then drag that layer just above the background, so that it is behind the splash textures.

Step 7:

Next, open the third image in the pack (the blue dots one) and place it above the background and below the yingyang Then, head up to Edit - Select Pixels, and you will find moving lines all over the blue dot thing. Now, go to the gradient tool, and select the dark pink gradient (the one below the rainbow gradient and fill the blue dot thing with the gradient. Then, set the opacity of the layer to 61. 

Step 8:

Now, right-click, and flatten the image. Then, open up the lighting texture provided in the pack and set the blend mode to Hardlight, opacity - 55. 

AND YOU'RE DONE! :D