cover tutorial : current cover

As you guys can see, I've changed the cover of this book. So, I thought I'd do a tutorial on it, since I've never done a tutorial for a teen fic type of cover. 

Step 1: Open a canvas of dimensions 512x800.

Step 2: Go to the texture pack (in the external link and comments) and save the first texture (the blue circle one) onto your computer. Then, open it as a layer onto your canvas and resize it to your liking.

Step 3: Go to Adjustments - Hue and Saturation and make the following settings-

HUE: 148

SATURATION: 33

LIGHTNESS: 0

Now, you'll notice that the texture has turned pink.

Step 4: Open up the second texture (the one with the pink circle and white apostrophes). Choose the magic wand tool and while pressing the Shift key, select the pink circle and the both the white apostrophes with the wand too. Then, go to Edit - Invert Selection and then either press the Delete button on your keyboard or go to Edit - Clear. You'll see that the grey-ish background has disappeared and now only the circle and apostrophes remain. Free transform it to your liking and place it wherever you want.

Step 5: Open the PNG of Cher Lloyd. Resize and place it wherever you want.

Step 6: I've used a notepaper PNG to place my text on, as you can see on the cover Unfortunately, the PNG I used isn't getting uploaded into Imgur for some reason. So, I suggest you guys for to Google or Deviantart and type 'Paper png' and get one from there. :)

So, once you get your paper PNG onto your canvas, free transform it to make it tilt at an angle. Now, if you see in the Layer Panel, the notepaper layer is above the apostrophe layer. Drag the notepaper layer right below the apostrophe layer.

Step 7: Type in your text. I used the font Chasing Embers for 'Pixlr',  Supernova for 'Tutorials' and Bebas Neue for 'By sarcastically-'. The colour code for 'Pixlr Tutorials' is #e61c70. Add any layer effects of your choice. After you have done all this, rasterize all your text layers. Then, go to Edit - Free Transform and tilt your text a bit to the side.

And voila, you're done! I haven't added any lighting textures but you can if you want to. :)

Hope this helped! Let me know if you have any questions in the comments! :)

Also, if any of guys are there on Instagram, then uh, maybe follow me, and I'll follow you back? My username is phuckyou_ (waddup shameless self-advertising xD)

Oh, and if you guys have any suggestions for a tutorial, please comment it on the 'Request A Tutorial' chapter.

Adios! ^.^