Chapter 10: grief

I was crying on the bed. Emily and I hugged each other.
"I've ruined everything." I balled.
"Rach, if he leaves you for your past then he's not good enough for you." She rocked me.
"I want things back to normal."
"Back to wen you were hiding?" She had a point.
"I want a normal life."
"Awe Rachel, I'm so sorry." She squeezed me.

  "You have to go to work." Emily said.
"I'm calling in sick." I put the covers over my head.
"Your not sick."
"Yes I am."
"You can't keep doing this! It's been going on for days. Stop with the poor me act and get your ass out of the house!" She shouted.
"I can't face the world Emily!"
"Go see Maylon." She says.
"Stella is leaving for college tomorrow." I said.
"Go spend the day with her." She sat in the bed.
"I want him back." I cried.
"Honey, give it time." She moved hair out of my face.
"I have to go to work, get up." He pat my leg and walked downstairs. I curled up with a pillow. She was right. It took a lot of confidence but I got up and got ready.

I closed the car door and walked into the studio. I saw chandler. He glared at me. I tied not to cry. Maylon wasn't here today, but I really needed her. I sat in the chair and they started on my make up. Lauren knocked on the door. I looked over.
"Can we have the room?" She asked. I didn't say anything and the artist left. She closed the door and stood in front of me.
"How you feeling?" She asked as she took my hands. I shook my head.
"Rachel." She bent down.
"I can't leave the house." I say. She looked at me in the eyes.
"Rachel if you love him are you going to fight for him? You were not grieving this bad wen you left Tyler." She said. She's right. I've never been this bad.
"We need you on set, your Vidal to us." She wiped a falling tear.
"Rachel he doesn't want to hurt you, he's just mad. Just give it some time." She said softly.
"Thank you." I hugged her.
"Anything for you darling, your like a sister to me." Now I need to face my family.

Yes filming was awful! But I missed him so much. I got in the car and drove to mom's. I knocked on the door. She opened it. She saw my puffy eyes.
"Sweetie I'm sorry." She hugged me.
"Mom I've never been this bad with a break up." I said. She kind of laughed.
"I wouldn't call that a break up." She says.
"You weren't there when it went down." I say.
"Camera man filmed it all." She said.
"I just want a normal life." I complained.
"Honey you have the power to walk away from all this, but you love your job and your career." She says.
"I honestly don't know how much I can take. I want to crumble, I really do."
"Rachel Marie, you stay strong!" She said. We snuggled on the couch.

  I woke up from a nap I just had on the couch. Stella was with hood rat. I sat up.
"I never even got your name." I say.
"John." He says. I nod.
"I'm Rachel." I say.
"Hey babe, you want some?" Stella pulls some water out of the fridge.
"Sure." He says. I stood up and walked in the kitchen.
"You ok?" She asked. I nodded as I took a drink. I didn't want to talk about it anymore. She rubbed my back.
"Everything will work out in the end." She said.