Chapter 19: Walking Dead Family

Today is it. All we have worked for. All the blood and sweat we have put into this show. All the heartache and the happiness. All the tears and tears of laughter. We are the walking dead family, And this is us.

"That's the only way?" I asked.
"I'm afraid so, Chandler. I know it must be a huge step in your life, but that's what it takes."
"Thank you Scott."
"Your welcome."
"So is that a yes?" He asked before I walked out.
"That's a yes."

I have to be honest with you. The replacement make up artist for Maylon is awesome, she doesn't nag or talk about Stella. It's awesome.
"So, umm, you have a premiere tonight... Would you be able to get me and my sister tickets?" She asked.
"Maybe, possibly."
"Oh my gosh thank you!"
"Your welcome, Reagan."
"Ok all done." She tapped my shoulder and I stood up.
"Beep beep, ms Rachel." Norman says. I laugh and get in the golf cart.
"Zoooom." He says as we turn corners.
"How is that helping? Your going 10 miles an hour."
"Look behind you." I turns around. I laughed. Steven and Chandler are racing us.
"You guys are awful." Norman screeches to a stop. I get out. This scene is just me and Mishonne.
"Hold it like this." Mishonne is teaching me how to use a Samurai sword.
"You swing the sword you fully commit to do that full swing. Follow through." I slice a walker like thanksgiving ham. We hear yelling in the distance.
"Come on." Mishonne ordered. I run beside her through the forest.
"Why don't you just back off!" Ron and Carl were fighting.
"Why don't you put on your big boy pants and get your ass out of here!" Carl burns him.
"Alright enough!" Mishonne says. Ron punches Carl. (Not the wimpy shit they had on the show, this was legit)
"Hey!" I yell.
"What you wanna save your prince?" Ron says.
"Why are we fighting?" Mishonne asked. Right as she said That Carl smacked Ron the the ground.
"Get Rick." I told Mishonne. He was repeatedly punching him. I knelt to Carl's level and whispered in his ear.
"You really think this is helping?" He breathed heavily and stared at Ron.
"Don't touch her don't go near her!" Carl yelled at Ron.
"Or you'll be seeing my fist in your face again." I helped Ron up and Rick and Mishonne ran over.
"What the hell was that?!" Rick back handed Carl. I had a hand in my forehead. I know exactly what that was. Ron ran off.
"Go home." Rick told me. I stared at him. He knew too.
"Before I tell carol." He says. Carol was like my guardian. And you don't mess with her. Rick and Carl walked to the infirmary.
"Cut! That was awesome." Greg says. Carl and I high five. Ron walks over.
"That was great guys." He says.
"Rachel." Scott waved me over.
"Yeah, what's up?"
"You have the opening segment?" He asked.
"Yeah." I walked over to my bag and have him a piece of paper.
"This is perfect, thank you."
"Thanks for choosing me."

I twirled in my gorgeous dress. I will say it again: today is it!
"You look so stunning." Mom said. I smiled. The car honked outside.
"Love you mom." I kissed her cheek and walked out. Chandler got out and opened the door. I took his hand and he helped me in.
"You nervous?" He asked.
"It's only the opening segment." I say. He laughs. Weirdly enough he was more nervous than I was. I took a deep breath and squeezed Chandler hand. This is us. Wooooo.

"Thank you so much for coming tonight to the amc's the Walking Dead season 6 premiere. We are pleased to have you all here." Gale Hurd says.
"I will welcome Rachel Maxfield, or Avery Connors as you might know her on stage." They clapped as I walked on stage.
"Hi guys! I'm so happy to be here. We have come to far from season 1, or season 3 for me. I want to take a moment and thank you, our fans, without you we wouldn't be here. And I want to thank everyone who put their heart into this show to make it a success. Today is it. All we have worked for. All the blood and sweat we have put into this show. All the heartache and the happiness. All the tears and tears of laughter. We are the walking dead family, And this is us." Everyone cheered and clapped. I felt like I had made my mark. I, Rachel Maxfield have imprinted AMC. I have set a standard for future TWD speeches. That was finally over. I walked back to my seat.
"Without further delay let's get this party started!" Greg said. I felt chandlers hand twisting around mine.

  "How was it?" Gale asked.
"Yeah!" Everyone cheered.
"Alight Chandler." She said. I looked at Chandler.
"That wasn't in the schedule."
"We'll make room." He stood up.
"Come on." I was stubborn but moved anyway. I followed him on stage, in front of thousands of people may I add.
"Alright so this is Rach." Chandler points to me.
"Yeah, everyone knows that." I say.
"Don't be salty."
"There is one thing they don't know." Emily lifted her eyebrows at me. And Lauren covered her mouth. Danai and the rest of then had huge smiles.
"I really love Rachel." He said. Oh my gosh, that did not just come out of his mouth.
"See there's this rule that Rachel and I can't date. Well we have bent this rule a lot and we should be in trouble but we used the 'I'm Vidal to the show' card. It worked. I asked Scott if there was a way we could both be in the show and still be together. And there was." He turned to me. Oh don't do it.
"Rachel, will you marry me?" He done it.