Regrets.

As I step out of my car and walk towards the house, each leaf crunching under my feet sound seems to be getting louder and louder.

His house seems pretty average the outside isn't as invited as most houses, can't blame them. Stiles dad is the sheriff and he is always working and Stiles isn't exactly the gardening type and the Mum.

'SHIT!' I yell as I approach the front door.
Today's the anniversary of Stiles Mum's death. How I remember you're thinking? I've kinda liked him for a while, obsessive crushes know these things.

I remember when they told our grade what happened or tried explaining the concept of death to us.
We were all 10, we lived in this happy world of happy endings, they gathered us in the hallway of the grades classrooms.
They basically said that someone's Mum had passed away and we should all be respectful.
I knew it was Stiles Mum. He wasn't his happy self for the last few months before his Mum died, he acted happy. I could tell he wasn't.

I prayed that no one heard me as I knocked on the Stilinski household, his Dad answered looking like he was on his way out anyway.
'Hello Sir, I have homework for Stiles since he was not present in today's classes.' I felt like hitting myself, I sounded like an idiot.
'Are you the teacher or something?' The sheriff sarcastically replied, at least I know where his sarcasm comes from.
'Um, no I'm just...' He cuts me off with his laugh.
'Kid I'm just joking, I'll show you his room.'

His house felt warm (at least compared to the Autumn weather). But had this underlining of a lack of love. Dishes filling the sink, nice furniture covered in dust and the house could use a vacuum. But all the pictures around the house seem to be clear of a speck of dust, seeing pictures of baby Stiles almost makes me giggle until I remember why I'm here.

Crap, I forgot. Actually never talked to him before what's the first thing I say. I quickly run through my mind everything I could say 'hey future husband', 'yo Stilinski, here ya homework, now kiss me' or even just 'hey Stiles, It's Lydia from class'. Instead I say nothing, as I stand at the entrance of his room, he was sleeping and seems to have been just woken up. Great he's most likely in that post-nap shitty mood every human gets in. His Dad starts off by saying 'Hey Stiles there's a..' He looks to me as I mouth my name, '...there's a Lydia to see you.'

He's groans and rolls over his bed and slowly lifts his head from his pillow, 'what the hell is a Lydia?'.

I regretted going to the Stilinski house after that night. After Stiles said that the conversation concluded with me dropping his homework on his bed and saying really quiet, 'I'm just dropping homework off...'
Right before I left his room I turned around and said 'by the way, I'm an actual human named Lydia Martin. I'm not a thing thank you very much.'

WHY, WHY, WHY? I've spent the past hour almost screaming at Allison over the phone.
'You should of seen his face Allison, no idea who I was'
She giggled 'well he sure does now'
I know that she is laughing on the other side of the line. Allison tried to contain her laughter, 'we are just going to have to see if he remembers the HUMAN named Lydia at school'

I fall asleep reliving that afternoon with so many regrets.

Hey guys, I know the past few Chapters have been short, but the next few should be longer and conclude the development of Stiles and Lydia more.
Thanks for reading xx