Tangibility.

And then reality hits.

Tangibility: real or actual, rather than imaginary or visionary.

The tangibility effects of Allison's death hit me..

I keep driving to her house to pick her up for school or I keep ringing her, her voicemail still plays.

"Hey it's Ally, sorry I didn't answer hopefully I'll get back to you soon, byeeee"

I started going back to school the next day and then I went the day after, by on that second morning when I arrived at her house, the reality hit me. I went home and haven't left the house since.

I couldn't....I can't face it.

No one would visit me, it had been 2 weeks since I stopped going to school and 1 week since I stopped answering everyone's calls and texts. No one would visit. I knew the dance was on soon, Allison and Scott were talking about it ages ago.

Remembering Allison and how excited she was to go to the dance with Scott again made my stomach drop.

She isn't here anymore. No one is.

I spent days just in my room, trying to distract myself. Ignore the calls I would get from Scott, Isaac, Kira even Malia.

Stiles didn't text or call more once, I haven't been in contact with him the night it all happened.

I knew he was dealing with stuff as well, I heard that he started blaming himself for it all. He thought maybe if he defended himself better and didn't get knocked out he could of helped.

"Honey, you have to go back to school soon."

My mum was trying her best to get me to go back. I wouldn't answer her, I can't imagine going to school, prom, graduating without her there with me.

----------------------------------------------------------------

So I spent that time alone. I kind of numbed out, Barrow was caught. There was nothing left to do now. No point really.

I laid on my bed, clueless of my surroundings when I heard the doorbell followed by footsteps heading towards my room and knocked on my door.

"I swear if it's a freaking...." I mumbled as I ran to my door, slamming it open.

I was cut off by the sight of Stiles standing in front of me.

He looks scruffy and has a bruise on his face from the night, it reminded me that I wasn't the only one going through a hard time, I could only imagine how Scott feels.

I gestured him into my room and we stood there is silence until Stiles broke it

"Barrow wasn't alone."

my stomach dropped due to more reality hitting me

"I overheard my Dad, no wonder it was impossible to track him, he wasn't working alone. They have an idea where he is though."

Without a thought I had already grabbed my keys and pushed through Stiles.

Stiles quickly spitted out, "they don't need us!"

Ignoring him I put my shoes on, which seemed to be gathering dust due to the fact that I haven't left the house in a while.

I could hear the plead in his voice, which made me stop in my tracks.

"How much do you know about this stuff? About hunting down murders, facing killers."

I turned towards him but kept my gaze to the ground quickly answering,

"Pieces...half of it's like a dream"

He was angry, I don't know why, but he was.

"Yeah, well, guess what? The other half is like a freaking nightmare." he responded speaking a bit more loudly than a usual inside voice.

Looking towards him, setting eyes on him "I don't care." I brushed off, "I can help them."

He snapped, raising his voice,

"See, that's the problem.

You don't care about getting hurt.
But you know how I'll feel?

I'll be devastated.

And if you die, I will literally go out of my freakin' mind.

You see, death doesn't happen to you, Lydia.
It happens to everyone around you, okay?

To all the people left standing at your funeral, trying to figure out how they're gonna Iive the rest of their lives now without you in it?

Huh?"

He stepped towards me with every out put of anger in him, he pointed directly to his bruise

"And look at my face! Come on, you actually think this was meant to hurt me?"

I just looked at him in shock. Pure shock. Almost forgetting that he was my crush since the 3rd grade, he once didn't even know my name.

"I'm so sorry...." he spoke to me with no anger and complete respect

I smiled to the ground forgiving him,

"It's okay." I quickly murmur

Nodding his head and without another word he left my room.

Knowing he cared made that pain of Allison slightly less painful, I also realized that was the first time I had smiled in a while. 

Hope you enjoyed this story, and I'm really shocked that I have over 900 views. Honestly, and my other story has over 1000 views now wow. Thanks for everyone that reads them xx