Steadfast.

We became a team.

We became we.

It was Lydia and Stiles. No not the couple, but the people who figured things out. After that night some form of loyalty was built. It's not like being friends or being in a relationship, it's a completely different level of closeness. It was this understanding we had, the moments we could be fighting over some stupid theory to moments where we would be shy of how to approach each other.

Most people don't know how to label that type of relationship so it was Lydia and Stiles.

Knowing that guy, soon finding out his identity being nicknamed 'Barrow' kidnapped us was free, we decided the only way we could get some peace was finding the guy ourselves or at least helping the police and creating our own mini investigation.

I didn't realize how serious he was until he bought a huge pin board. Within a week it was covered in pictures and coloured string. I wasn't quite sure what it even meant. The clattered board somewhat seemed like his mind, I could never really tell what he was thinking about. It was just so busy and only a few people could truly understand what it was showing, I felt like I was slowly one of those people. We wouldn't have long conversations talking about each other usually just about our investigation or anything else but ourselves.

But we still knew a lot, just by picking up bits of information and piecing together things we already knew, which for him wasn't much about me. I surprising was taught so much more. So many more stories about him and Scott when they were kids, how Stiles was always the smart one, doesn't surprise me honestly. Thanks to Allison she would spill stories about us growing up as well to the group and also the embarrassing moments which I knew Stiles would probably mention to piss me off during one of our arguments about how he thinks he is right.

"It's odd" Ally would always tell me while watching lacrosse practice

"what's odd" I would obviously ask,

"you too, it's odd. You have liked him since the 3rd grade, and....somehow you have created a new type of relationship. Not quite friends but not quite boyfriend and girlfriend."

I wouldn't respond and she wouldn't seek an answer, we would sit in silence and watch the boys at lacrosse. Ally was so in love with Scott and she would focus all her attention on him and after her statement I would just think about Stiles and I. What we are and where are we going. There was no weird tension and lust. It was a steadfast loyalty, a steadfast passion we shared.

----------------------------------------------------------------

And then sometimes we all screw up, it was a Tuesday morning at school and from the previous night of piecing things together I was convinced following Barrow's tracks of crimes he would be at the school with some form of bomb. I warned the group and made Stiles go into all this trouble to clear everyone out, he even pulled the fire alarm shortly getting caught.

Guilt overtook me when at the end of the day nothing was found, I was so sure. I swear he was there. And all I got was everyone getting pissed and annoying everyone. I especially felt bad I got Stiles in trouble. I didn't talk to him after school I was heading over later anyway to do some more investigating. Seems like fun after my screw up.....

----------------------------------------------------------------

I headed to his house on that late afternoon, once all my homework was done and all I could think about was how I screwed up major today and wasted his time. Getting him in trouble because of me. I was full of guilt but hid it as we continued our investigation. I laid casually on his bed playing with the coloured strings as he stood at the board pinning strings on pictures making the board even more confusing. With me being bored and this awkward tension in the room growing,

I finally asked, "What do the different coloured strings mean?"

He kept pinning things, "Oh, just different stages of the investigation."

He thought then explained his answer more, "So green is solved, yellow is to be determined," he turned to me and shrugged "blue's just pretty."

As I played with the red string that he left unanswered I simply asked "What does red mean?"

"Unsolved."

My eyes scanned the board, noticing only one colour, "You only have red on the board."

He sarcastically answered me blurting out and turning to me "Yes, I'm aware. Thank you." quickly turning once again to the large board.

The room was filling with that awkward tension again, and instead of boredom I was filled with that guilt from before. I quietly asked,

"Did you get detention for pulling the alarm?"

"Yep." he said with no hesitation

"Every day this week." he continued with the guilt digging deeper in me

"It's okay, though.....we were onto something." He said without being aware of how bad I felt, he turned back to pinning things onto the board.

".......even though we couldn't find any proof of Barrow being there?"

The room fell silent, as I tangled the red string around my fingers. The silence made Stiles turn his head to notice how upset I was. He bent down to where I was grabbing the string and untangling it from my fingers.

"Hey, Lydia. You've been right every time something like this has happened, okay? So don't start doubting yourself now." he pulled his focus to the red string on my fingers

I plainly answered "No clues. No bomb. And I got you in trouble"

I just looked at the boy in front of me, his mission still on the rope, "Okay, look. Barrow was there. All right? You knew it. You felt it. Okay? And look, if you wanted to...."

He then set his eyes onto mine,

"....I'd go back to that school right now and search all night just to prove it."

We just looked at each other, these were the moments that made me question everything we have and why it couldn't be easy.

Hellooooo I've returned, I decided to put this Stydia scene in this chapter because it is indeed my all time favourite Stydia moment and thought it was perfect to put in now. I have some exciting things planned for this story and want to include a moment that most teen wolf fan-fiction's seem to not include in stories. Hope you enjoyed this chapter, I personally loved reliving that scene since it made me all emotional and all xx