Like Gasoline.

I followed Stiles as he stumbling and running out of the hallway, he pushed and shoved through people as his footsteps were loud and his breath even louder.

I've seen him look this tired before, he looked like he just finished a marathon.

He slammed a door when I caught up to him, he was looking worse by the second, I've never had to deal with someone having a panic attack, didn't even realise what one looked like...until now.

I pushed open the door he was in front of, I let him stumble in throwing his bag on the ground.

"Okay.." I whispering, dreading what is happening.

I looked around quickly to discover it was the boy's locker room. I ignored the fact that I had no idea what to do and grabbed his arm as he almost fell over with his bag.

"Come on come on" I said pulling his away from the ground, I held onto him for around two seconds before he crashed into a storage crate, I attempted to catch him but he held onto to it then let go, where he was now leaning against on the floor and frantically moving around.

I forgot the fact that I was wearing a high-low blue dress and fell to my knees across from him, trying to motivate him to stop and calm down.

I quickly spat at him, while his hand scrambled around like he was going to grab air

"Just try and think about something else, anything else!"

He pushed out a breath, with his dazed eyes on the ground

"- Like what?"

My eyes widened in panic as I observed how he just wouldn't move his eyes off the floor and his hand was stuck to his chest.

"Uh, happy things... good things."

Nothing changed.

"Uh, friends, family?"

He looked up in shock to me, as I mentioned family. As I realised that bringing up his Mum's death doesn't stop a panic attack.

Noted.

"Oh! I mean not family"

I think I was gonna have a panic attack at this rate as I looked to the ground in disbelief.

"Oh, God."

This boy means so much to me, Lydia think. Think realistic, come up with anything that could possibly work.

"Okay, uh, just try and slow your breathing," I said trying to calm myself down, looking back up to him.

He squinted his eyes and his breathing stayed the same.

"I can't. I can't." he rushed out of him as suddenly his breathing got louder and was starting to freak me out.

I grabbed one hand on his cheek, maybe contact will work.

"Shh, shh," I said calmly placing my another hand on his cheek, brushing them softly.

"Stiles, look at me..." I said trying to find his eyes has they looking around everywhere.

I looked at him ever so closely trying to figure if there is anything I could do.

"Shh, look at me..."

Then I remembered something. I doubt it, the thought of trying it made my child self scream and myself in this moment want to pass out.

"Shh, Stiles...." I pulled him face closer, hoping he would have calmed down by now.

I closed my eyes and slammed my lips into his.

I gently held my hands on his chin as I slowly pulled away

In that moment it just felt like Stiles and me on the whole planet

In that moment it just felt like Stiles and me on the whole planet. Everything was silent as we looked at each other, as I pieced together what just happened.

It worked.

He kept looking straight into my eyes. As his breath calmed down and was normal again.

"How'd you do that?" he looked so interested in what I was going to say.

I didn't look away from his either,

"I, uh I read once that holding your breath could stop a panic attack."

He gently nodded as I continued.

"So when I kissed you...you held your breath."

I can't believe I just said out loud that I kissed him.

"I did?" he asked me as he looked so confused

"Yeah. You did." I said afraid that thankful he is okay.

He chuckled slightly "Thanks... that was really smart." he said giving me the softest smile.

I chuckled as well but awkwardly, as I leant back away from his face because

just friends.

"I just I don't know."

He leant back as well, relaxing back onto the crate

"I just read it somewhere. And if I was really smart, I would tell you to sign up for a few sessions with a guidance counsellor."

He smiled as he relaxed and I casually hit him on the leg to play it off as whatever I just did, was just to help him. No feelings at all, just friends.

just friends.

HEYYYYY, guess who had some free time and wrote a chapter. So after like 16 chapters they finally kissed, and I just think it's so darn adorable. I just them two, so cute, I can't. So like I now have 11000 reads on this book and that's pretty f***ing crazy, so thank you guys so much and I hope you enjoyed this. Obviously, the whole chapter is based off that scene, but I felt like I was up to a point in the book to place that in there, I guess you guys can read it from Lydia's POV. Hope you enjoyed xx