Overreached Expectations.

My mind was empty, every thought drained as I laid on the hospital bed focusing on moving my eyes.

It was late afternoon, I didn't know the date or how long I have been here for, my eyes were locked in one position, I could hear voices. But it's only like I just tuned it, like I just woke up. 

I don't remember anything, how I got here, why I'm here, how long.

It's like I am frozen in one position, like.....I'm paralyzed.

The room was darkened, then light quickly filled the room as I could hear curtains being pulled releasing the sunlight into the room.
There was someone in here with me, they pulled up the blinds.

"Doc, it's been 11 days and she still hasn't moved." I hear my Mother's voice say.

Wow..11 days and I just woke up. I have been frozen with my eyes open for 11 days, no one knowing if I can hear them or anything. What ever is happening to me I must be getting better if I now have the ability to understand my surrounding and hear, I just can't communicate.

A voice from the left side of the room answers,

"Well, we can't tell on her process because of the situation. We are yet to find out exactly what had been put in her drink the night of the dance."a man says.

My Mother on the right side of the room reply's,

"Wow, her first night out since, well Ally. And she gets her drink spiked and could of died. The hell she has been through is destroying me."

Then it hits me, I only remember up to that night. After I danced with Stiles, I got a bit dizzy and that must of been when I was paralyzed.

"Whatever was in the drink has paralyzed nerves that control her, eyes, body, everything." the doctor explained.

"Can she hear?"
Mum asked.

"Not sure. We just have to wait for her."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------

It was silence that filled the room as I paid attention to my eyes moving, I was getting sick of looking at this one spot in this drub room.

Suddenly the door creaks a bit and I hear someone entering the room, I can't tell who it is.

The body sat down to the hospital bed, where I laid.

That is when my hand became warm.

I could feel my hand, being held.

By Stiles.

His hand was gripping onto mine, as I begged for my hand to react. Instead he started talking to me

"Your teachers, uh, gave us some of the stuff you guys have been working on.

They wanted us to hold on to it for you.

I saw something about the, uh, Riemann Hypothesis.

Um, things like, nontrivial zeros, zeta functions and a lot of other stuff that goes totally over my head."

I could feel his eyes watching me.

"....Maybe you can wake up and explain it to me?" he left the question hanging in the air, waiting for an answer.

The open question was left lingering in the room, as every part of me wanted to scream. I wanted to hold his hand, grab it. I wanted him to know I was there with him.

"Oh, come on, Lydia. You have to come back to us.
There's no way we're getting through this without you.....

Lydia, you have to wake up."

I could hear the plead in his voice, I hear the door open once again. And feel his hand let go.

Hope you enjoyed, sorry it's a bit short (also thanks for over 2k reads!!!!!!!!) xx