Chapter 5

Jane.

Out of all the circumstances I had to be bound to an Octavia,  this can't be happening.
Firstly I just found out that my father is dead, he fell for an Octavia, now following his bad footsteps.
I'm meant to be the next leader of the Ambrosia pack but now I'm putting everything on the line because of the stupid bond I'm now bound to.
My bond mate is Nick, I don't actually know a thing about him.
All I know is he's cocky, witty and a bloody Octavia!

"So, our famous Jane Winterblack has finally came crushing down." Austin joked.
Austin has been a little moody lately, he's disappointed with the fact that I'm not his mate. He's also angry about the fact that I'm bonded with Nick.
Believe me I'm just as mad.

"Shut up. Out of all things..this had to happen." I put my head in my hands.
Austin rubbed my back.

Austin and I sat in our favourite spot in the woods.
Peaceful and pleasant.
No one disturbs us here.

"Listen Jane whatever happens I'm here for you. I don't give flying shit if you are going to be an Octavia, your still my girl."
One of my favourite traits that Austin has is that he's very loyal and caring.
One of the things I love about him is that he will take care of me, even if I'm being a pain in the ass he'll be there and I'm happy about that.

He leaned in to kiss me, I stiffened but I didn't back away.
I let his soft full lips touch mine gently as ever.
He place a cool hand on my cheek, I moved in closer until my chest moulded with his.
I slowly started to kiss him back, little by little it began to go faster and hungrier.
I don't know what I was doing but I liked it.

Suddenly a rush of guilt flooded my body; Nick.
Mixed emotion clouded my judgment; the bond.
I imagine what if it'll be like if I saw Nick with some girl, I don't know why but I'd be really mad. Why?

I pulled way from Austin.
We breathed heavily and we tried to catch our breath.
"Wow." He said out of breath.
I smiled despite my suddenly guilt for Nick.
"Too bad the kiss won't matter to you." He said in hustle tone.
I opened my eyes and frowned.
"I'm sorry?"
He shrugged and stood up.
I followed.

"What's that suppose to mean?"
He shook his head. "Your bond with Nick, it won't matter if you think you have feelings for me because you won't, your bond with Nick will cloud that, manipulate every sudden feeling you have for someone else.
That's what happens when you've been claimed."

It's kinda made sense.
I think I have feelings for Austin but I guess that's nothing because of the bond.
The sudden guilt I had was because of the bond.
No matter how hard I try and forget the bond it still there, nagging in the back of my mind.
If only things were simple, maybe a switch?

I nodded slowly.
"It's so hard, trying to forget the bond but it's a constant nuisance."

He smiled. "At least I know you have something for me, that's all I want.
Nick can't really have you, I've known you for years but only now have I just opened up. Maybe if I told you sooner."

To be perfectly honest, I never really had feelings for Austin, it was always some popular hot guy.
Austin was my best friend and I didn't want to complicate things, lately things have change a lot. Like a lot, a lot.

In in a few hours Nick's father will arrive the chief of the Octavia pack. I don't even know what to say, do I say hey I am now your future daughter-in-law or I'm now your son's Luna.
I feel like I'm in a job interview, ready to prove myself worthy or something not that I want to be in the Octavia pack. But I don't want him to think lowly of me, I was meant to be the next Alpha of my pack but now maybe I could be next beta in the Octavia pack?

Nick's father had arrive. He wore a black suit, his dark hair slick back.
His eyes glared every direction watching everybody in my pack.
My people froze at the sight of him,
next to him was Nick, wearing all black like his father.
I guess you can say like father like son.
They looked identical, of corse one was young and the other was older.
They both walked gracefully up to my uncle.
Nick's father tilted his head slightly and shook my uncle's hand.
I stood nervously behind uncle.

Nick smirked at me, then winked.
It made me blush.
I heard Austin clear his throat behind me.
Nick looked at him with evil intentions and then looked back straight at my uncle.

"Hello Donavan, pleasant go see you." Weldon said with a fake smile.
"I wish I could say the same." My uncle responded.

Weldon eye twitch.
"Let's get down to why we are here." He paused to look at me. "Miss Jane."

I tried to keep calm but probably the look on my face told people a different story.
I held my chin high. "Weldon Samuels."
Weldon looked down at his son, a hint of amusement I his eyes.
"This is your bond mate son?"
Nick nodded but wasn't looking at anyone but the ground, like he was ashamed.

"The daughter of Cage Winterblack, had finally fell though the cracks of failure."
Nick's jaw tensed and his fist in a ball.
His knuckles began to go white.

"Mind your mouth Weldon." My uncle stepped in. "She may be in a tight problem but this was party your side of the blood's fault, after all he's the male."

Nick's eyes shot at my uncle.
Anger flared though his eyes.
"It's not like I fucking planed this Donavan!"

I stiffens at the sound of Nick's raging voice.
Weldon smiled at his now hysterically mad son.
Was he actually proud that his son was mad? What kind of father does that?

"Easy now." Weldon patted Nick's back like he was a puppy. "Let's not blow out if proportions."
Man I wanted to slap him so hard.

My uncle sighed loudly. "I'm sorry Nick, what I said wasn't called for."

I felt though the bond that Nick gradually started to calm down.
He nodded slightly.

Nick looked at me, his eyes showed that he was sorry for his outburst.
'I'm sorry.' He said though the bond.
I shook my head. 'Don't stress, I've seen people do worse.'
He smiled.

Weldon and my uncle went off into the office to have a private conversation.
Which left Nick and I alone.
Austin left ages ago when Nick had his outburst.

"So, Jane we are bonded yet I don't know a thing about you, so tell me..you and Austin a thing?"
He just went straight to the point didn't he?

I smiled and sat on the table next to him.
"No not really, it's kinda hard to be when..well you know with the bond and all."

He laughed quietly.
"What?" I said.
"Oh nothing." He smiled.
I nudged him.
He faced me. "Well Jane, I can feel everything your feeling, you say you have feelings for Austin but you don't, I know you guys were making out earlier today yet you enjoyed it but then didn't."

My faced turned increasingly red.
Shit he knew what I was doing with Austin?
Can he feel every single thing I'm feeling.

"I also know that you get goose bumps when people touch the back of your neck." He said touching my neck.
Goose bumps began to appear all along my arms.
His soft hands made me shiver.
He leaned in closer, his hot breath breezed near my ear.
"I also know you like the feeling when I'm around you but you choose to deny it."

I snapped out of my sudden sensation.
"I do not!"
He laughed. "I rest my case."
I rolled my eyes.
"Listen Nick we may be bonded but I don't have feelings for you."
He crossed his arms and stared up at me with a cheeky grin.
"Keeps telling your self that."

Donavan and uncle came out of the office.
They seemed to be civil.
"The deal is made." Uncle stated.
"You will become an Ovtavia but we have made a little arrangement that you are allowed to see you family." Weldon added.

My heart jumped with joy.
This means I'm not trapped in Octavia, I get to see my family once and a while.
I couldn't be more happier.