Chapter 26

Jane:

I love the feeling of fresh air playing with my hair and the morning sun kissing my skin. I came into the house all sweaty from my morning run. I kicked off my runners and took out my earphones.

"Hey Emma." Lilly comes down the stairs.
"Hey Lil." I respond opening the fridge looking for meat. There's never anything in the fridge. I'm starving.
"Chris is making breakfast soon. Don't worry, you'll be fed." Lilly joked. Her tone sounded weird, like she knew something that I was keeping in secret. I had a few secrets, none Lilly knew. Obviously.

"That's great, where is everyone?" I ask.

"Well, Eric is out surfing and Chris and Miles are at the store getting groceries."
I mentally screamed 'thank the goddess'

Chris and Miles came in with arms full of grocery bags.
"Alright, that is the food for the week." Chris dumps the bags on the counter.
"Yep, everyone help put this shit away." Miles says. His eyes never meeting mine. I knew he wasn't over what happened at he party. Our kiss. Eric came in and noticed the grocery bags. He turned slowly to run away.
"Stop right there!" Lilly grabs his wet arms. "You are helping." His fail attempt to escape was amusing to watch.

I went to go grab a can of beans when Miles reaches for the same thing. Our hands touched. I felt every ounce of heat coming off him through his touch. He looked back up at me. His eyes went from me to the stairs. I knew what he was saying. What he wanted. I'm not sure if it's what I wanted. I followed him reluctantly anyway. I followed him down the hall, into his room. He stood by his window. He leans over the desk that stood directly in front of the window, giving full view to the ocean we all know he loves.
"Emma," he begins. "I'm not sure of what I'm feeling is just lust or if I'm feeling something real for you but we can't be near each other. I can't be near you."
I walked towards him. Closing the distance between us. "Please don't come closer." I stop. "I really can't have you this close."
"Miles." I say trying to come up with something good to say, but my mind was all mushy. How do I respond to Miles feelings?
"Emma," he turns to face me. "Is there really another guy. I won't kiss you if there is." His eyes focused on mine. My heart raced with anxiety. I simply nod. Nick will always be in my mind, whether I like it or not. He is my mate. Our wolves are connected and there's really no way out of that. He touches my cheek, tracing my jaw, my ear, my neck and collarbone. "Then stay away from me."
"Easy." I say meeting his gaze. It really didn't take long for his lips to land on mine. The more the kiss went on, the more hungrier, and aggressive it got. He lifts me up and takes me to the bed. My top comes off as did his. His kisses made its way to my stomach then back up to my neck. He bites and sucks at my neck. A moan escaped embarrassingly. I could feel Miles smile in his kisses. I held his hair as his kisses made their way to my chest

And there it was. A perfect moment. Complete bliss. I had almost forgotten the pain I went through with Nick. The fear of the bond. The pressure of being a leader. If only it lasted. A rush of guilt hit the pit of my stomach. I wiggles out of his grip.
"I feel awful." I say. Miles leans in and kisses my forehead.
"For what? Him?" I nod. "Why are you so tied up with this guy. I thought you said you broke up with him?"
"I did. I'm just not ready." Miles smiles and nods.
"I understand Emma."

I woke up in his arms. My wolf howled in agony. She didn't like or want this. She wanted her mate. I traced my finger along Miles's chest. My mind continued to go back to Nick, wishing it was he that I was laying with. I felt a tremendous guilt. How could Nick do this? How is he able to be with Nina and still feel the way I do right now? Does he not experience the guilt, the loss, the pain? Any of it? How it iy fair that Nick can be with who he loves and I can't even kiss another guy without feeling like I'm doing something terribly wrong?