Dropping the News

Raylene's P.O.V

~2009

My name is Raylene Marie Johnson. I live in Littleton Colorado. My two best friends in this entire universe, Rydel and Ryland Lynch live right next door to me. I like to believe that me and Rydel were destine to be friends and that Ryland was just a bonus. Can I trust you guys with a little secret? I have a major crush on Ryland I just haven't been able to tell him yet. Yes I'm young and I don't know what I'm doing but Ryland and i have a special bond and I just can't shake off my feelings for him. Everything is all going to change today. In fact, I'm getting ready to go over to the Lynch house right now.

I finally found the perfect outfit. I'm so nervous to tell Ry. What if he doesn't feel the same. Or worse, he hates me forever. Oh well. I can only hope and prey that goes well. I exit my room and head down to the kitchen where I find my mother.

"Good Morning mother" I announce as I hug my mom.

"Someone is having a happy day" She smiled down at me.

"Today is the day mom. I'm actually going to tell him" She grinned wide before pulling me in a tight hug and shoving me toward the door.

Her and Rydel are the only two people who know. Rydel kind of put it together on her own and my mom just read my diary. As I walked over to the house a million questions were going through my head. Would this ruin our friendship? Or could it possibly make it better? As I approached the front door I felt as though my heart would burst out of my chest. I finally built up enough courage and knocked on the door. After about thirty seconds my blonde best friend Rydel opened the door and pulled me into a tight hug.

"Whoa, someone's happy to see me" I chuckled

"I just want you to know that I'll always be  here for you" She stated.

I pulled away and looked at her strangely. Her eyes looked red and puffy.

"Have you been crying?" I asked

"Yeah, just a bit" She sniffled

"About what Dell?" I asked as any concerned friend would do.

She shook her head silently and said, "I think Ryland is going to tell you.."

With that she walked towards the stairs and motioned for me to follow her. We walked together up the steps and stopped in front of Ryland & Ross' room.

"He's waiting for you." Rydel said as she walked to her room.

I knocked on the door and soon Ryland opened the door. Once again I was pulled into a tight hug. But I actually enjoyed this one. Ry always made me feel safe. I don't know what I would do without him.

"Raylene come in we have to talk" he spoke softly

"Okay good because I need to tell you something" I said. He walked over and sat on the edge of his bed while I sat on Ross' which was directly across from his. I looked over to Ryland and noticed that he looked almost as bad as Rydel.

"O-Okay, how can I say this" he stuttered. I was starting to worry.

"Do you mind if I speak first? Because I've been dying to say this" I interrupted him. He motioned for me to continue.

"I really like you Ryland, like ever since we were kids. And I tried to push the feelings aside and..." My rant was stopped by Ryland softly pressing his lips against mine. Though the moment was brief I was extremely happy.

" I feel the same way Ray. But..." He tried to speak but was cut off by Rydel opening the door.

"Mom said to come down and talk. You can stay as well Raylene." She said before walking away.

Me and Ryland followed her down the stairs where the rest of his siblings had already gathered.

"Did you tell her?" I heard Rydel ask

"No, not yet" He answered

"Well she's about to find out" She said

After that Stormie and Mark entered the room. Stormie looked at me and smiled weakly.

"Okay kids so we're leaving for California tomorrow morning." Mark announced. I froze. What did he mean by 'Leaving'

"Are you guys moving?" I asked in a hushed voice

"Yes dear, I though Ryland told you." Stormie replied

"No, he didn't say anything"

I was trying my best to hold back the tears that were now gathering behind my eyes. I failed. I quickly got up from my seat between Ryland and Rydel and walked to the door. Just as my hand touched the handle someone griped my arm.

"Ray please just let me explain." Ry begged

"There is nothing to explain... You're leaving...Just let me go" I said

He released my arm and I continued out the door. As I walked away I broke down. I rushed to my door as fast as I could. As I opened it the house seemed way to quite. Great. I'm all alone. Guess I better get use to it huh.

Ryland's P.O.V

As she walked away I felt a sense of sadness rush over me. Trust me I had every intention of telling her before that kiss happened. I just couldn't find the right words to say. I walked back over to my family and they all looked at me with a mixture of disappointment and sympathy in their eyes. It was quite until Rydel finally spoke up and asked

"Why didn't you just tell her when you had the chance to?"

"I tried but then she stared talking. She said she had feelings for me. And I kissed her. I finally told her how I felt and now I have to leave her. So yeah Rydel telling her 'Hey guess what I like you but i'm going to move to Cali so bye' isn't exactly the best way." I snapped

"Riker honey, go make it right before it's too late" Mom told me. I nodded in response.

I walked over to Raylene's house and knocked . After waiting and knocking for about ten minutes I decided to just go the way I had been for years. Through the window. She never locks it just incase I want to come over. I climbed through the window and walked up to Ray's room. I could hear her faint sniffling through the door. It broke my heart to know that I caused her so much pain. As I opened the door a pillow came hurling towards my face.

"Get out of here Ryland!! I don't want to see you! Just go and move to California! Be a huge star! Forget all about your old best friend!" She yelled

"Listen Ray you obviously don't want to see me but just know two things. I really do care about you and everything I said earlier was true. And second we leave at ten so please show up. If not then I completely understand." I Turned and walked out of rhe house.

As I entered my front door I was rushed by my siblings asking me what happened.

"She threw some stuff yelled some things. But overall she just cried."I went up to my room and just sat on my bed. Why does this all have to be so difficult?

~~~~~~~~~~~~
YO!! I'M BACK!!! And by popular demand so is my fan-fic once known as, "Hometown Lovers". I decided to change a few things around and turn this into a Ryland story instead of a Riker because I feel like there aren't enough.😂
Anyways hope you all enjoy reading this.Updates will be on Tuesdays and Thursdays💕