Goodbye

Raylene's P.O.V​

I was up all night trying to decide what to do. Finally I made up my mind. I'll go and say goodbye to the Lynch family. I couldn't live with myself I'd I let my best friends leave without saying goodbye.
I woke up at about 9am. And had to rush to get ready. I didn't really care about how I looked because I knew today would result in crying and going back to bed. I decided to go with an outfit that would fit my current emotional state. I looked at the clock on my nightstand 9:30 exactly.
Before I opened my don't door I looked out the window to see Mark outside packing a few little things into the van. This is really happening. I opened my door and walked out.
"Hi Mr.Lynch" I announced as I walked across my lawn to theirs
"Raylene please you're like my daughter you can call me Mark. Hey, I wouldn't care if you called me dad." He chuckled
"Same goes for me" Stormie said as she walked out of the house followed by the kids. "Raylene I'm going to miss you so much. Stay safe sweetie" She pulled into a tight hug. I reciprocated knowing this was likely the last one I'd ever get. Next I hugged Rocky, Ross, and Ryland. As I got to Rydel I could see the tears welling up on her eyes. I smiled at her and gave her a huge hug.
"Ray I don't want to leave you" She sobbed
"And I don't want you to go Delly. But you have to gi follow your dreams and if California can help you do that, then you go and show them what you've got" I was trying my best to stay supportive even though I wanted to just grab her and drag her to my house where I would keep her forever.

  She let me go and looked at me one last time. She turned and got into the van with her brothers and parents. Now there's only one more. Ryland...

  "Ray I'm so sorry. I know I should have told you earlier but I didn't want to hurt you. I'd never want to see anyone I love hurt." he spoke with tears in his eyes.

"Did you just say you love me?" I blushed.

"Yeah, I did and I really do mean it Raylene. You are and forever will be my first love." Ryland said. Then I noticed him slowly leaning in. I decided to beat him to it and I gently pushed my lips to his. I think I caught him by slight surprise because he tensed up a bit but then relaxed and kissed back.

  We heard a high pitched scream and turned to see Rydel jumping up and down in the van. "I knew you liked her Ryland!" She screeched. I laughed a little.

"Bro come on I called dibs years ago" Ross winned. I shot him a 'really' look before turning back to Ryland.

"Alright RyRy go become a success." I pushed Riker to the van.
"Bye Ray" He said before closing the door. I watched as they pulled out of the driveway. This is likely the last time I'll ever see any of them....

  I'll never hear Rydel's squeals of happiness. Never again hear Riker playing the guitar. Or having Ross constantly flirting with me. But mostly I'd never get to see Ryland. Or hear his sweet voice again.

  I ran home and straight into my room. I changed into something more comfortable and got into bed. Sure it was only eleven AM but I honestly didn't care. I waited with my phone in my hand. Just wondering when they would call.

  I stayed this way for over a week. Never leaving my bed. My mom would come in everyday to try and make me get up and also bring me food. I would stay there all day and all night.

~Time skip 2 months~

   After about a month my mother forced me to leave my room. I would only go to school and straight home. This was the routine for another month. Finally my sadness went away. But it was a replaced by another emotion, anger...

   I hated Ryland for never calling me. And I was extremely mad at Rydel because she never tried to contact me in any way. This turned me into a huge introverted freak. I thought doing a bunch of school work would help me get my mind off them.

   I ended up studying so much I completely forgot about the Lynch family. The thought of Ryland forgetting me still burned in the back of my mind. But it only helped to fuel my anger towards him. I swore that if in ever met him again. I'd be sure to ruin his life and break him just as he did me.

Ryland's pov

~2 months after the move~

  I feel terrible that I've never called Raylene. But I just couldn't bring myself to do it. I didn't cry or anything when we left because I had convinced myself that I wasn't really leaving her. But if I were to call her or contact her in any way then it would have made it all so real.

   I even convinced my family that we should change all of our numbers. They agreed. But one day my mother called the entire family into the kitchen.

"What's going on mom?" I questioned

"I'm on the phone with Raylene's mom. I think all of guys need to hear what she has to say" Mom said as she put the phone on speaker

"Hi Ms. Johnson" all us children said

"Hi kids. I have something to tell you all about Ray. And please don't think I'm blaming any of you for this." She replied.

"Is she alright?" Rydel questioned.

"Sort of. For the first month after you left she stayed in her room. And now she's like an emotionless robot. She comes home from school everyday and just does her homework and after that she does extra work from her teachers. She's done so much work in the past month that they made her skip a grade because there was nothing else for her to learn. She doesn't talk to anyone not even me and I'm just worried" She told us and I couldn't believe it. In the background we could her someone walking into the room.

"Mom who are you talking to?" A girl asked. It was Ray.

"Oh, honey it's the Lynchs. Would you like to speak with them" Her mother asked. It was silent until we heard someone else grab the phone and in a quiet voice Raylene said "Hello"

"Omg Raylene I've missed you so much" Me and Rydel exclaimed at the same time.

"Oh you have. It didn't seem like it. How could you do this? You promised you would call. You swore that'd you wouldn't forget me! Just don't call me or my mother ever again!" She yelled and the line went dead.

None of us ever talked to her again after that day. Rydel cried and blamed me for months. She would always tell me it was all my fault that she lost her best friend. And truthfully it was....

~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter two complete. I might get the third chapter posted today as well since I'm on a long car ride and have nothing else to do.