Things To Decide

Raylene's P.O.V

I woke up at about three am. Rydel was sleeping very peacefully. I didn't want to wake her up but there was no way I could stay here. I crept over to the door and slowly opened it. Without making a sound I crept downstairs. I was almost to the door when I realized I didn't have my purse. I walked around the house looking for it. There was only one more place to check. The basement. I walked down the stairs and heard music playing in the distance. I looked around the corner to see Ryland. I debated on if I should just turn around and leave.
Suddenly Ryland stopped the music and said,
"Whoever you are you're terrible at sneaking around."

  "Oh, I'm sorry I was just looking for my purse. I want to be gone by the time the rest of them wake up so I was going to walk home." I whispered 

"You don't have to whisper. This room is sound proofed" He chuckled

"Aren't you mad at me for what I did to Kimberly"

"No oh course not. I went put and saw what she did to your car. Trust me when she wakes up we need to have a long chat about our relationship." He said.

"Ry I'm so sorry I never meant to cause problems in your relationship. But there was no way I was going to let her walk all over me like that." I replied.

I looked over in the corner and saw my purse. I walked over and picked it up. I turned to walk back up the steps. When he grabbed my arm and turned me so I was facing him.

"Ray about the contract with MKR, I-" He begged

"Ryland I don't discuss business outside of a work setting or without my partners." With that I turned around and walked up the stairs and out of the door.

It took me about an hour to walk home considering I was in heels. I opened the door and just collapsed on the couch. I lay there thinking of what I need to do about this. I really love the fact that I have my best friends back. But I think things are to complicated to have a business and personal relationship with them. Oh well. I sent Dell a text saying that I walked home and that I'd be back in the morning for my car and the meeting.

~10am~
I was woken up by Mia gently shaking me.
"Ray, I think you should get up we have to meet Ryland in an hour" She spoke.

"Alright fine let me go get ready" I sighed and trudged up to my Room.

I looked at my phone to see that I had a bunch of messages from the Lynchs and Ratliff. Most of them were asking if I was seriously gonna drop Ryland. I just sent a group text to all of the saying, 'I don't discuss businesses in such an unprofessional atmosphere'. And trust me I got a bunch of replies to that consisting of things like 'Really Ray' or 'Seriously that's stupid'. I decided to just ignore them and go get ready .

~At the Lynch's~

When we arrived at the Lynch house I felt very nervous. They were all expecting me to go in there and say that I'm not dropping Ryland. But the truth is after a lot of thinking it's not professional of me at all to have such a personal relationship with my client. 

Mark came to the door and we all walked down into the basement. Unlike the first day I walked in on them they were all quite. They seemed as though they were stressing themselves out. As if me dropping Ryland would hurt that much. I mean it would make him feel like I did when he left.

But nobody should ever feel as hurt as I did. I think I should listen to whatever they have to say. Then I'll make my final decision.

"Okay everyone so I think we should start out with tour prep." Mark announced.

"Actually dad we have something else we need to discuss with Raylene and the girls." Rocky spoke

"Ray don't do it please. I know you're mad about what Kimberly did and that I lashed out at you. And you have every right to be. But you don't have to take it out on me!" Ryland announced.