Facetime

"It's a fucking joke, is what it is"

It was two days later and Harry was back in the States on tour, in a hotel room in a city he couldn't remember the name of, facetiming Nick.

"What is?" Nick said, staring at something above the webcam on his laptop. Harry rolled his eyes. He wasn't going to elaborate further on facetime; as Nick well knew, Harry was paranoid about phone hacking and the like.

"Oh.... That." Nick murmured. "That thing you've been thinking about non-stop since you heard I Won't Mind"

"Shhh! Grimmy!"

Nick coughed and looked serious. "Ok... so you think this... ummm.... Christening should be abandoned?" Nick said, carefully. "Because your mate Zoe - being, er, the bridegr- sorry - the mother - isn't really that into...umm... religion?"

"Yes in fact she's a fucking atheist. It's totally hypocritical for Zoe to go ahead with a Christening."

"Oh for goodness sake Styles, can we stop talking like we're in MI6?"

Harry threw his hands up in exasperation.

"God, Grimmo, you've heard the song! What is he talking about, if not.... you know...."

"She, Harry. What is she talking about. They might be listening in, after all... those CIA drones, National Enquirer journos... you know...". He started laughing.

"Stop laughing, Nick! This conversation being hacked is a serious possibility," Harry hissed, his palms to his temples, as if whispering would make a difference to a hacker. "You know, Swiftie only has these kind of conversations once she's inside her panic room. And never on facetime."

"Oooh... tell me more about Swiftie's conversations that are like this. Dying to hear about what she gets up to with her bandmates!"

Harry made an angry, growling sound as Nick fell sideways onto his couch and out of shot, leaving Harry looking at the embroidered cushion that had been propped up behind him on the sofa. Harry could hear Nick's muffled laughter coming from the left of the screen.

"Grimmo! Stop it! I've got to go in five minutes!"

Nick sighed and sat back up again, suddenly composed: "Yeah but you know I did immediately think of you two when I heard that song. I mean it's quite obvious to me what he's talking about."