Chapter 9: Gettin' Down and Drugged

Recommended song for Cha. 9: A Little Party Never Killed Nobody, By: Fergie, Q-Tip & GoonRock (The Great Gatsby.)

(Chases' POV) -3 days later; 09/12/14. Bailey's house, 9: 33 At Night-

*

The rhythmic and loud song coming from a speaker somewhere within the house makes the contents of the red solo cup I'm holding ripple with the beat of the song. People push past others either dancing or conversing with someone, trying to get somewhere; which is probably the kitchen for a drink or snack.

Leaned back on a semi desolate piece of wall, I watch the party and its people dance and rock into full swing. I observe as people dance their streets away in one blob of bodies, all smushed and cramped in to one another. I look over the crowd, trying to spot the familiar long black and red highlighted hair of Clara; Nothing.

The only reasons I actually came was because Clara promised to stay by my side 24/7 and to stop the constant begging from Bailey to come. I'm amazed that so many people can fit into her house, even with its large sizing; A two story and basement leveled large modern styled house.

I fidget a bit, repositioning my perch to try and get a least bit comfortable. If not for the fact that Bailey's house sits on the outskirts of the pack, then this part would be over before you could say Mugshots. I leave my spot on the wall and begin to search for a familiar face in the crowd.

A few girls try to make me stay and dance with them on my way to the kitchen, thrusting their bodies up and down on me. Before they got their claws into me, I swiftly replace myself with the closest guy and continue my weaving through the crowd. Breaking through the clumped and sweaty bodies, I walk into the mess roused kitchen.

Bottles, paper plates, cups and a whole lot of food are scattered onto the island in the middle of the kitchen, making it easy for the few people around it to reach. Not finding anyone, I set my cup onto the counter and search for Clara somewhere else.

A few rooms and hallways later, I end up finding her conversing outside next to the lit up pool. I scan the area; no sign of Bailey. I walk up behind her, taking the cup from her hand and downing the drink. She turns around after sending the guy she was flirting with away; saying that she has to deal with me.

I crunch the cup with a smirk on my face, and once the guy is out of sight her fake smile turns to one that practically screams 'What?'

"As I recall, it was you who promised to never leave my side Clara. And look what I find. You flirting up a storm with that Vamp." She raises a perfect black eyebrow, crossing her hands over her tank topped chest.

"Let's not fool ourselves Chasity, we both knew that the second a hot guy showed up in my sight, you were a goner." Isn't that the truth, not ten minutes had passed when we arrived before Clara was out and about. Doesn't mean I'm letting her off the hook though.

I turn my eyes over to the end of the pool and spot the Vamp watching us and trying to figure out our relationship. I smirk myself, which sends Clara frowning in suspicion. Before she could get away I grab her hips and get her close to me, bending my face down just enough so that, to the Vamp, it looks like we're kissing.

She looks confused for a second before she sees where I'm looking, whipping her head back to see that the Vamp boy shrug his shoulders with disinterest in Clara now, moving onto the next pretty thing to chat up. She inhales sharply, signaling for me to run the other way. A punch flies to the space where I just was, as well as some colorful words following.

"You did that on purpose! I practically had him eating out of my hand Chasi- Chase!" Yelling at my retreating form, I laugh at her little slip up. I decide to traverse through the house, stopping to chat once in awhile to others. I walk into a large cream walled room with shaggy brown carpeting, which by now must be littered with dirt and other trash drug in by the people coming and going.