Chapter 1: Ball Set In Motion

Recommended Song For Chapter 1: Dream Chasers, By: Future World Music.

(Unknown POV) -2 Days Later, Night- ~U.S.A, Minnesota~

*

"Ah, my poor aching disks! Why should someone at my age have to go tromping through the woods, and at this hour too!" I say to no one in particular since there's no one around.

'At my age everything becomes a hassle; from mopping up god knows what that falls from my cupboards, to grinding up poisonous plants for my elixirs.

Well, at least I have my grandbaby to help me with the more tedious tasks at hand. I swear, once you age past 60 everything becomes more trouble than its worth. Ah, but when tiny Clarabella's older I'll be able to teach her the tricks of my trade, and then that is when I can rest my aging limbs.

Of course that includes what she'll have to know to be my sole successor, and then some. Since my Clarabella is just of 4 years birth I have only been allowed to teach her the basics, and all because Aryanna keeps giving me the same reasons;'

"Mother, all Clarabella need's to get the best grades and keep her popularity up. I swear, I can't look at the other mothers without being so embarrassed of that girl."

'How did she turn into that? I know I raised my daughter better than the money-grubbing woman she turned into.'

Lost in thought I didn't realize I had gone off the path to the portal that would take me home, and had only just realized where I stood. 'Isn't this the house of the Beta and mate to the resident werewolf pack, something Piston? No, that's not it...Polly? No not that either, what was it? Ah yes, it's Parker, Beta Zane Parker, his mate Ella and daughter...Clarity? Charley? Damn old age, can never remember anything important.'

"Well never mind that, what I wish to know is why it looks like a war took place in their backyard." Looking around you would find many werewolves in human form, and others in wolf form scattered around the ground, dead. 'I would think this bad for the Alpha of Moon-Shade pack, after all losing his Beta to a bunch of rogue wolves. It's actually quite impressive that he'd be so ignorant of the death of his Beta, impressive indeed.'

"Oh. There they are." 'Looks like Zane fought the leader of this rogue pack after the death of his mate. A very noble action, but none too smart to just leave his daughter to be taken by anyone vile enough to want a young female pup.' "Let's see where that daughter is, if not dead or abducted already." I say with a dry, humorless laugh.

'Now that Incantation went something like...this!' Closing my eyes, I begin to Murmur the words used to open my third eye, I first search through the forest, but there was no signs of rogues leaving from here. Then I search through the Moon-Shade's pack house about 4 miles away from here, but there's no sign of them waking up, so she can't be there either. 'Hmm... She couldn't be, but just to make sure.'

I turn my attention to the ruined house, first checking the downstairs and then moving to the upstairs. "Oh my... Well, this is....unexpected." In a room upstairs, with clear signs of a struggle, a young girl lays on the tattered sheets of a king sized bed. 'Is that the daughter? Why she looks the same age as my Clarabella, and to lose her parents in such a way...

I feel there will be hardship in her future, but I can't just leave her now that I've seen her. And who knows, maybe she'll benefit me in the future?' Thinking this I walk into the house, up the steps and into the room with the little girl soundly asleep.

She seems to be having a nightmare. 'Well of course she is, probably about her parents death... That won't be beneficial for her in the future... I'll have to erase her memories for now, of course I'll tell her some day about the night I found her. For now I'll give her memory's of growing up in the forest, and of a real female wolf who raised her.

'Yes, that'll have to do for now, Oh! I'll have to summon up a medium in the form of a female wolf, just to prove it true.' After erasing the memories of her childhood I filled in memories of a lush forest, a warm den, and of endless love from a lone wolf the color of light brown and white. 'Now to summon up the wolf of her memories, it went something like this if I remember correctly...'

Chanting the spell I summon up a medium matching her memories of a young female wolf perfectly. I tell it to protect this child against any and all danger, and to obey her commands in whatever form she'll take till I deem otherwise. I set the sleeping child onto the back of the wolf and start to head back towards my portal to go home, which the wolf follows next on my right scanning for danger as we progress.

"I think...that there will never be a dull moment with her around."

*

*

*

* ~U.S.A, Wisconsin, Morning~

"I'm home, Clarabella, and I've brought you friends to play with!" I yell while stepping into my house situated on the outskirts of town. Since Aryanna went on a vacation in New York, and her father is too busy with work I have been left with Clarabella for a week now. Though I'm not complaining of her staying, I just can't help but resent the way her parents treat her as if she doesn't exist.

"Welcome home grandma, and what do you mean you've 'brought me a friend'?" Says a voice resonating from my living room.

"Why don't you come and find out? I'm sure you'll love both of them." As the patter of tiny feet on carpeting gets closer the wolf brings in the still sleeping child and lays down at my feet watching, and listening for any potential threats in the house. As she peeks around the corner looking with somewhat bored eyes, a small gasp spills from her lips when she spots the girl on top of the wolf.

"I thought you were only meeting with clients in Minnesota, why did you bring a werewolf child here?" She asks with no longer bored eyes, but with fascination and only a slit of fear in them.

"Ever since a client of mine, werewolf mates, died in a car accident their daughter has been missing for the past year. On my way back to the portal I found this wolf" pointing to the wolf at her feet "curled up around this girl, who I know for a fact is those mates daughter." 'I can't tell Clarabella the truth of what really happen, but I will tell her what will happen to this child if something isn't done.'

"Is grandma gonna raise her? Can she stay, please let her stay grandma! I'd very much like a sister!" Clarabella says while examining the girl for any abnormalities, with such excitement in her eyes at the prospect of having someone to play with.

"How about a brother instead?"

*

*

*

*

Hey Tomo here, how's this chapter? It's still set in Clarity's past, and some incentive on how she'll grow up. Pls leave some comments about what you thought of this chapter, cause it helps me a lot when I'm writing. Hope you like the ending, and kept your interest till the end. Comment, Vote or like if you enjoyed.

Picture not mine, credit goes to artist.

TOMO. OUT!~!