Chapter 10: Lazy Days and Plans Made

Recommended song for Chapter 10: The Lazy Song, By: Bruno Mars - Doo-Wops & Hooligans.

(Chasitys' POV) -12 days later; 9/24/14. Liz's house, afternoon-

*

Rummaging through the blue chip bag for its tasty contents is what I've pretty much been doing for the last few hours. That and surfing the T.V for something to watch. I check the clock to see what time it is; twenty after 12. I sigh for the hundredth time today.

The first few days after waking up I barricaded myself in Clara's bathroom, terrified that Axel or Rich or anyone really would come around looking for Chase, end up finding me, and exposing my long held secret. What got me to come out was that Liz had called the Alpha and gave some excuse that explained why I'd be gone for at least three weeks.

With only so much homework Clara brings home for me from my classes, and how fast I do it, it leaves me like this; decked out in sweatpants and a baggy brown shirt sitting on the couch, sighing the time away. I can't even go outside for a run in fear of someone seeing me...

I thrust my had into the bag and eat the little heavens, deciding to watch some show about fencing. It was either that or the golf show, and at least this has some form of action, dulled though it be. The show drags on and the chips lose its appeal as my eyelids start to droop.

Not wanting to sleep I click the tv off, close the chips witch a chip-clip before putting them away, put on running pants and a purple shirt that clings in an unfamiliar way around my chest, put my unnaturally long hair in a pony and in a red cap, put on my running shoes and go for a jog around the block; not daring to go into the city or woods for a virus reasons.

I start of at a slow pace, even breathing under the sun which barely keeps me warm enough in the chilly weather. The sound of my shoes slapping the pavement keeps me in a rhythm, making sure not to fasten my pace of slow it down. By the seventh time I round the block, my shirt sticks to my back no doubt because of the sweat and my breathing is as heavy as my legs feel like lead.

I swipe my forehead as I bend over to catch my breath, flicking the drops of perspiration away with force. I round the block one more time, this time walking to cool down my muscles. The ache in my legs and lungs is a refreshing change from the lazy life, and brightens my mood considerably.

Liz's house is in sight, and once I walk up to the sidewalk connecting her house to the street. I flip my cap off and let the silky brown strands, now moist and dampened with sweat, out of the ponytail. I run my hand through it, deciding to take a shower once I get back inside.

I slowly raise my sight up the sidewalk, past the wooden fence only to pause at the two sneakers currently placed in front of Liz's door. I stop dead in my tracks. Sweat trickles down my face and my body becomes rigid. 'I know those shoes...' I think this as my eyes travel up, up, up, until they meet with the familiar tossed dirty blond hair and piercing blue eyes of Axel.

*

*

*

*

*

*

*

"I'm telling you Clara, I lost five years off my life when I saw Axel standing there." I say as I toss my head back onto the side of her bead, tossing the book onto my lap and the pencil somewhere next to me on the carpet. She looks from her own book placed beneath her, dumping her face on it with a drawn out sigh.