Chapter 3: New Year

Recommended song for Chapter 3: None, your choice!(Recommendations Welcome)^~^

(Chases' POV) 16 years old. -Morning of September 2, 2014-

*

Beep................................Beep...............................BEEP...............................BEEP................................BE-

*CRACK!* '...I can handle cleaning up the stupid decisions my friends constantly make.....I can handle all the grief Liz gives me about living by myself.....I can even handle the constant nagging from Clara about 'mates' and finding 'true love,' but I CANNOT handle mornings!!' I think to myself as I, once again, break another clock when I slam down my fist on the stupid thing to stop the annoying beeping sound it makes.

It's been eight years, eight years of mental and strength training, pack problems, keeping my 'little' secret from being exposed, 'fun' family decisions, juggling my multiple jobs and the daily struggles of highschool. Oh, what fun it's been(note the sarcasm.)

'Where did my summer go? I'm gonna miss sleeping in till noon' I think as I get up, stretch, and go to take a quick shower. A lot has changed in the eight years I've had to adjust to pack life; I've been taught the responsibilities of a beta, basic manners, hand to hand combat along with projectile practice(guns, throwing knives...) and I officially own a home now. It was difficult getting Liz to agree to me living alone, and it was even harder for me to get her to agree to me paying for it all.

I had planned to build a small two bedroom one bath cabin in the woods between the pack house and Liz's house, but that's where things got detoured. Luna Brielle thought that me building a house would be the perfect project for her to work on, so my little cabin turned into a three story, four guest room one master room and five bath pack recreation house. Although I like the look Luna Brielle went with for the interior and exterior, I didn't actually want my house to be the one place where most of the pack members come to have fun and hang out.

Since it was the Luna who wanted to make my house I couldn't actually say no to her,(need I explain?)but I wouldn't budge on the issue of buying materials for building and decorating. I had about half of the money needed to build and decorate at the time, and Luna convinced the Alpha to give her the money needed for the other half. That was about four and a half years ago, and since then I've officially paid back the money Luna spent on building my house.

Though to build on the Alphas property was another conflict all together, and we eventually agreed on me building a house on their property, but it would also have to be open to other pack members who would need a home till they could buy or build one close to the pack house; thus the four other bedrooms in the house.

All of the guest rooms, including mine, are located on the third floor while the first floor has the kitchen, dining room, bathroom, a large living room with a corner couch and three recliners facing a large flatscreen TV and a door that leads to the fully furnished basement. The second floor is where most of the games are located; table hockey, pool, ping-pong, air hockey, a flat screen TV and a variety of old gaming machines; Packman, Street Fighter 1 and 2, Ms. Packman and Asteroids.

As I step out of the shower with a towel hanging from my waist while using another to dry my hair off, I hear a crash come from somewhere downstairs. 'Do they ever sleep? No wait, it's just that they never leave' I think this sarcastically as I start to get dressed and clean up; I go into the bathroom to clean myself up after I grab a good fitting white T-shirt with a black cross and bones on the front, a loose red plaid long sleeve shirt, socks, boxers and loose jeans to wear.

Before I go downstairs I grab my dark orange backpack full of pencils, notebooks and other things I'll need for school, and I quickly swipe my wallet, wrist watch and I-Phone off of the mahogany bed stand before I head downstairs. It's a straight walk out of my room with two smaller guest rooms on both sides of the straight hallway that ends with the staircase that connects all three floors on the other side.