The Forrest of Death

Jay's POV

"Wonder where Kari is. I haven't seen her for a while" I told Maria as we walked towards the second part of the exams. "I don't know" she answered as we made it to the to the location. Saw her standing there next to a boy with the same blonde hair and clothes. "Hey Kari where have you been?" Maria asked running up to her and making her and the boy turn around. Our jaws dropped, he looked exactly like her, right down to the six whiskers. "Who's the boy?!?" Maria half questioned half demanded.

Kari's POV

I heard Jay say something that made me and Naruto turn "dang it Jay" I thought looked at him and Maria whose jaws dropped. "Who's the boy!?!" Maria practically yelled. "Remember the prank is still on" he whispered, it made me smile at the thought of everyone's faces at the last part of the exams. "He's my boyfriend" I answered and watched their jaws dropped again. "YOU'RE LYING!!!!" Maria yelled while Jay just stood there with a blank face. "Yeah we've been dating for awhile now, almost two months." "What the flip, no you haven't, you've never left the village," Maria exclaimed

Time skip: to start of the second half of the exams

As the whistle blew we made our way through the forest "Here's the plan" Jay said "we find the earth and heaven scrolls the make our way to the tower as quickly as possible." "Who made you the leader Sherlock?" I asked "I did, now follow the plan" "Yeah don't diss on Jay" Maria exclaimed bonking me on my head. "Owww" I thought rubbing my the spot she bonked me on. "Okay fine" I said "So how are we going to find a scroll" "There" Jay pointed to where a team was looking completely lost "Yeah, great idea Jay, lets take their scroll" Maria chirped while I rolled my eyes. "Lets do it" I whispered getting into position. "Ready... set.... go!" Jay signaled as we went in to attack. " That was too easy" I thought moving on further in the forest. "Finally we have both the heaven scroll and the earth scroll," I said stretching, then we all heard a loud scream. "SASUKE!!!" I recognized the voice as being the pink-head girl on Naruto's team. "We need to help" I exclaimed running towards her voice. "Kari, wait, we don't know if that's her" Jay said running after me and of course Maria followed Jay. When we got there Naruto and the emo kid was laying on the ground unconscious. "Naruto!" I yelled and ran to his side checking for wounds and found none. "Well that's a relief," I thought putting him on my back and carrying him to where the pinkette put the emo boy and laid him down carefully. "I wonder how long it'll be till they wake up" I asked looking at the pinkette with a worried glance. "I don't know, maybe a few hours or maybe a few days. Depends on how quickly their chakra rebuilds." "Mmhm" I nodded understanding the situation. "Come on Kari we need to get to the tower" Jay said getting annoyed and impatient as always. "Yeah lets go, we don't have all day" Maria complied while pulling on me. "I'm staying, you guys can go, I'll meet you there" I answered "But..." Maria started, but was cut off by Jay "Fine but you better show up in a few days or we're continuing without you." I nodded in response and sat down next to Naruto.

Time skip: two hours later

I heard a rustle in the bushes a few feet in front of us. I moved to shake the pinkette awake and pointed to where the sound came from and took out a kunai and she did the same. "Something's here she whispered slowly making her way to the front of the cove we hid in. Suddenly three sound ninjas came out, "Gives us your scrolls and no-one gets hurt," one said holding out his hand "Fat chance" me and the pinkette answered (yes I still don't know her name) and got into fighting position. "Wrong choice," the supposed leader said and got into position as well.

Time skip: Sasuke wakes up

Sakura's POV

Just after I cut my hair trying to get away Sasuke suddenly gets up. "Sasuke!" I exclaimed "Who did this to you?" he asked clearly angry. That's when the mark Orochimaru gave him got bigger and he started attacking the enemy. Kari was just standing looking surprised and guarded Naruto. "Sasuke stop!!" I yelled grabbing him and almost instantly the curse marks went away and he passed out. "At least he didn't kill them," I thought putting him on my back and looking at Kari who had Naruto on hers. "Well better get going," she said turning and began heading towards the tower "Yeah, wait up" I yelled catching up with her.

Time skip: at the tower
Kari's POV

"Wassup," I said busting through the door and dropped Naruto in the process. Everyone sweatdropped except for Sasuke and Naruto. "Lame" Jay pointed out and Maria rolled her eyes. "She reminds me of you Sakura," I thought out loud and got two bonks on the head. That's when Naruto woke up and defended me "Don't hit her" he yelled coming to my side. "Wow, you two are dating, huh," Maria stated. Naruto and I looked at each other and smiled "Maybe" we said at the same time. Suddenly a sensei came out of the scrolls and congratulated us and said we passed. Then Naruto and I did a victory dance and headed home. "Can't wait for the last part of the exams." Yeah" it'll be fun" Naruto quietly whispered and fell asleep and eventually I did too.